HR Escalation SpecialistRequisition R047124 Market Cincinnati, OH Department SS Human Resources - Strategic HR Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
Provides support to the Bon Secours Mercy Health System managers and associates on more complex questions and benefits matters.Will research general benefits and HR policy questions, document resolution and provide verbal and/or written communicate to associates. Supports the benefits appeals process and day to day administration of benefits as necessary.
- Serves as the first point of escalation for questions and issues from the Service Advisors requiring research. Questions will primarily be general HR benefits related or policy questions needing research and/or clarification on eligibility.
- Assist associate and leaders with more complex benefit tool enrollment navigation or technical issues. Manages the paper enrollment form process as needed.
- Supports the health plan appeals process. Coordinates gathering documentation and summarizing series of events for the Benefits Specialist review. Based on the circumstance will provide initial recommendations on approval.
- Works closely with Service Advisory Supervisor to identify gaps in knowledge base content and/or Service Advisor responses to associates and leaders questions.
- Supports the benefits core team transactions when clarification is needed on benefits.
Required Minimum Education:
2 Year/ Associates Degree
Human Resources Administration or similar experience
Minimum Years and Type of Experience:
Min 2 years’ experience working in HR.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Work requires the ability to communicate and respond to a wide variety of individuals and questions both orally and in writing. Requires demonstrated ability to exercise judgment, take initiative, prioritize work, meet non-negotiable timeframes, and attend to detail in a time-pressured, high volume work environment. Strong written and oral communications, organizational, and attention to detail skills. Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft Office suite. Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, handle multiple tasks, and prioritize work. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with staff and others for problem resolution. Work requires a high level of accuracy with the ability to concentrate on detailed information for extended periods of time. Work requires following established confidentiality guidelines at all times.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
A working knowledge of HR operations and benefits administration is preferred. The incumbent is expected to gain a full understanding of all local system and standard Benefits within the first 6 months, according to policy and practice documentation. Significant PC experience, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Service Now and Workday preferred.
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:SS Human Resources - Strategic HR
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse