Manager Physician AnalyticsRequisition R047889 Market Cincinnati, OH Department SS Finance - Phys Finance Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
This Manager, Physician Analytics is directly responsible for financial analysis for the system physician enterprise and analytics related to provider and practice performance, budgets, physician transactions, compensation modeling and analysis, project management as well as providing operational support to market physician enterprises. The incumbent will also coordinate with other departments as necessary including Revenue Cycle staff, Managed Care, Finance and Accounting and consult with other BSMH Markets as necessary in performing the above analysis/modeling/support activities for the System.
Additional Job Description
- Performs financial analyses on physician activity for hospital and physician leaders, including productivity, profitability and loss analysis, expense and charge structure, compensation, pro forma and budgeting, and other analyses necessary to support the accuracy and sustainability of physician operations across the System.
- Support the ongoing system initiatives for enhanced reporting of physician financial and operational results including the quarterly scorecard, practice and provider level financial reporting and others as identified.
- Support and assist in the annual budget process including development of tools for completing market and practice physician budgets as well as back-end analytics for analyzing projections and trends.
- As needed, build and analyze physician compensation models from a Finance perspective, assessing variation and opportunities as directed and in a manner, consistent with the guidelines set forth by the System.
- Gain familiarity and expertise into the systems used for financial reporting and report generation include accounting, revenue cycle and budgeting tools as adopted by the System. Lead standardization efforts in the use and reporting of such tools.
- Supervision of the Department’s Financial Analysts including the establishment of annual goals and the effective performance of their job responsibilities. Management of the daily routine and ad hoc responsibilities of their direct reports to effectively carry out the Department’s mission.
- Coordinate initiatives with the System’s Information Technology department as necessary.
- Work with other BSMH markets regions as necessary on the standardization of physician accounting and allocations, processes, reporting and approaches to the physician enterprise.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of the current trends and developments in healthcare reimbursement, including keeping abreast of compliance regulations, standards and directives regarding governmental/third party agencies and/or third party payers.
- Adheres to the standards and policies of the Corporate Responsibility Program, including the duty to comply with applicable laws and regulations, and reporting to designated Manager (or employer hotline) any suspected unethical, fraudulent, or unlawful acts or practices.
- Participate in the integration of new market or system acquisitions. Includes gaining an understanding of the acquisition’s current financial systems and reporting capabilities and assist in the integration of their data and reporting into the BSMH framework.
- Required Education: BA or BS - Accounting, Business Administration or Healthcare Administration.
- Preferred Education: Masters - MBA or MHA.
- Experience: 3 – 5 Years in Healthcare finance, Accounting or Finance.
- Strong analytical, verbal and presentation skills; experience in financial analysis and modeling; proficient in spreadsheet and database programs.
- A background in healthcare finance, specifically with physician practice is preferred.
- Must have the ability to timely and accurately mine data from various internal and external sources and organize information in a meaningful way for presentation and analysis.
- Must possess critical thinking skills, an ability to work cooperatively with others and have a positive, willing attitude.
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:SS Finance - Phys Finance
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN