Quality Data Specialist- Graduate Medical Education - The Jewish Hospital Mercy HealthRequisition R091090 Market Cincinnati, Ohio Department Grad Medical Educ-Internal Med - Jewish Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Chief responsibility is to collect and submit reliable data to the ACS NSQIP. This is accomplished through high-quality data compilation, documentation and entry into the ACS NSQIP database of all eligible surgeries for the hospital. Works closely with the members of the Department of Surgery to identify opportunities for clinical quality improvement and other special projects as may be identified.
- Data collection and identification of areas for quality improvement requires clinical knowledge and understanding of patient care.
- Identifies surgical patients for inclusion in the Program through the application of Program inclusion/exclusion criteria and protocols.
- Collects preoperative, operative, and postoperative data components for the Program through the effective utilization of the hospital medical record systems.
- Attends weekly Morbidity & Mortality conferences to ensure reliable data collection of postoperative occurrences. Demonstrates applicability of the methodology and the reliability of definitions utilized by reviewers within the program through Inter-Rater Reliability (IRR) testing.
- Identifies streamlining and process improvement opportunities in the data collection process
- Demonstrates appropriate utilization of resources necessary to obtain valid, reliable data for entry into the Program.
- Utilizes software applications for data collection and analysis.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely entry of data into the program’s database and meets the caseload accrual requirement protocol.
- Reviews weekly site accrual report on the database and responds to accrual report alerts.
- Works Effectively with Patients, Families, and Staff
- Establishes effective working relationships with members of the hospital community, especially staff in the Surgery, Medicine, Nursing, Medical Records and the Information Systems Departments whose support is necessary for the management and success of the Program.
- Contacts patients and/or families via telephone and/or written communications postoperatively for the purpose of identifying possible occurrences associated with surgical procedures performed at the hospital.
- Serves as an educational resource on the ACS NSQIP for internal and external audiences by developing educational material and delivering presentations.
- ACS NSQIP Participation
- Successfully complete the ACS NSQIP SCR Training/Certification Program.
- Participates in Program teleconferences
- Attends ACS NSQIP National Conference
Required Minimum Education: 2 year/Associates Degree
Preferred Education: 4year/Bachelors Degree
Specialty/Major: RHIA, RHIT, LPN/LVN, or BSN preferred but not required.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS (must be non-expired/active unless otherwise stated):
Preferred:ACS NSQIP SCR Certification
Minimum Years and Type of Experience:1-2 years in a healthcare setting. Ability to complete all training modules and pass the certification examination is required.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:Computer proficiency including MS Access and basic statistical skills.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:Electronic medical record (EMR) experience preferred
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Grad Medical Educ-Internal Med - Jewish
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse