Risk Program ManagerRequisition R046741 Market Cincinnati, OH Department SS Corporate - Administration Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
Summary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Manages the Facility loss prevention strategies and initiatives, established in conjunction with the Market Risk Director and/or System Director of Risk Management. These strategies include proactive risk activities such as risk assessments, educational programs, consultations and ensuring compliance with the multiple laws and regulations affecting patients, visitors, employees and the community we serve. Risk Program Manager is responsible for keeping supervising Risk Director and Facility Leaders apprised of significant events and Risk Management activities within the organization.
Essential Job Functions -
- Manages loss control/loss prevention activities based on the Facility risk profile and at the direction of the Market Risk Director, System Directors
- Reports Risk Management issues to the Facility Administrative and Clinical Leadership on a regular basis.
- Conducts annual proactive risk assessments as part of the annual risk strategic plan; addresses and reports results, issues and associated action plans to supervising Risk Director and/or Home Office.
- Conducts proactive risk management surveys and studies and responsible for developing and implementing effective action plans to address risk exposures as directed by supervising Risk Director.
- Quickly identifies, investigates and reports to claims any events that may result in financial loss to the organization; keeps supervising Risk Director and Facility leaders apprised of events and trends.
- Implements departmental and facility policies and procedures that affect liability exposures as directed by Risk Leadership and as needed by facility.
- Provides direction and oversight of risk activities within the assigned facility
- Collaborates with Market Risk Director, System Risk Directors and Physician Leaders to coach clinicians and leaders in apology and disclosure
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Employees may be required to perform other job related duties as required by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications -
Required Minimum Education:
Associate Degree or commensurate experience
Specialty/Major - Healthcare, Business, Legal, or related field
Preferred Education - Bachelor’s Degree
Specialty/Major - Healthcare, Business, Legal, Insurance or related field
Licensing/ Certification -
Licensure/Certification Required - CPHRM (within 4 years of hire)
Minimum Years and Type of Experience:
3+ years in Healthcare provision or administration, Insurance, Loss Prevention, or related field
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Basic understanding of Risk Management principles; Strong organizational skills; Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to manage multiple projects
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
Understanding of Tort litigation and discovery
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:SS Corporate - Administration
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN