Payroll SpecialistRequisition R047715 Market Marriottsville, MD Department Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
The Payroll System Specialist is accountable for the day to day payroll function related to Bon Secours Mercy Health. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: working in the Payroll and Time and Attendance systems, routine interactions with Associates, the local market HR, Associates and Central Payroll teams, assisting with communications to time keepers, possess an understanding of; how to review Payroll audits, time entry and time accrual systems function; as well as various analytical and reasonability auditing.
- This role will maintain a high degree of confidentiality with respect to payroll related information. Must utilize problem solving skills in support of accurate payroll reporting and analysis. Ability to work flexible work hours to ensure deadlines are met. All payroll actions taken must comply with Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Coordinates, and processes all aspects of payroll e.g., tax levies, garnishments, taxation, deductions, special pay, etc. Assisting with a timely and accurate payroll disbursement. Seeks advice on special situations from Payroll Supervisor.
- Validates various pay entry and Audits as part of pay processing, for each payroll cycle to determine if any abnormalities exist. In addition, reviews various audit reports to proactively identify accuracy issues and take appropriate steps to correct before processing.
- Manage various projects and issues as assigned by Supervisor, Manager or System Director
- Ensures appropriate approval on actions such as issuance of Off-Cycle pays. In addition, assists with off cycle payment processing according to established policies and procedures.
- Runs daily reports, analyze data, and apply findings along with problem solving skills to research and resolve payroll issues.
- Analyzes and resolves payroll issues including answering day-to-day as well as payroll questions from a variety of sources
- First point of contact (after manager) of Associates with payroll questions, within the Ministry or Regional market. Research questions from Managers, Timekeepers, and/or Associates related to time and pay related calculations and deductions
- Receive and submit hard copy documents to Central Payroll, that are received at the Local Market.
- Ensure Managers/timekeepers are completing the payroll correction form correctly. Enters historical correction into Kronos. Responsible for communication to Managers and Timekeepers regarding any communications related to Payroll and/or Kronos, including timelines, changes, additions, and coding.
- Verify and review of Kronos ensuring that all errors are corrected, and timecards are approved/signed off by established deadline.
- Required Minimum Education: 2 Year Associates Degree; Or experience to preform duties.
- 3 to 5 years practical experience
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:SS Finance - Finance Services
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN