CNA - Full Time DaysRequisition R048745 Market Newport News, VA Department Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Summary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Provides direct patient care under the guidance of the Registered Nurse or designated health care professional in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations and within the policies, procedures, guidelines of Bon Secours Mercy Health.
Essential Job Functions
Provides basic patient care to include, but not limited to, care and comfort, record vital signs, personal care and hygiene, and mobility, including unit based specialty duties.
Acts as liaison between patient and nurse to report changes or concerns to nurse
Provides high level customer service to all patients, patient's family, visitors and all employees
Provides accurate, precise, timely documentation when applicable for patient care
Uses professional, verbal and written communication skills at all times
Preference for recent experience in acute care and/or long term care facility
• Ability to clearly communicate to other members of the healthcare team
• Ability to understand and follow directions of healthcare team
• Knowledge of patient and healthcare safety standards and regulations (i.e. falls, skin breakdown, suicide prevention, environment of care)
• Infection prevention and transmission based precautions
• Understanding of clerical duties and office based technology
• Team dynamics
• Patient data collection and documentation (i.e. vital signs, intake/output, change in patient condition)
• Basic hygiene and activities of daily living care
• Feeding, hydration, and nutrition
• Bowel and bladder elimination
• Ambulation and patient mobility
• Use of clinical technology
• Compassionate, relationship based approach in care activities
• Accountability for completion of assigned tasks
• Escalation of concerns via chain of command
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Nursing Administration - St. Francis Nursing Care Center
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN