Market Chief Operating OfficerRequisition R027443 Market Youngstown, OH Department Administration - Youngstown Regional Office Shift Days/Evenings Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Market Chief Operating Officer (COO):
The Market Chief Operating Officer establishes systems and approaches that hold institutions and leadership accountable for achieving the Health System’s mission in acute and/or ambulatory settings within a market.Dependent upon on market assignment, responsibilities will include strategic operational oversight of hospital facilities, service lines, ancillary services and/or support services.
- In select markets, oversees and is responsible for the operations of multiple acute care entities through direct supervision of Hospital Presidents and/or Hospital Administrators, in concert with assigned market-wide ancillary, support services and/or ancillary services responsibilities. May also include oversight of assigned ambulatory and/or post-acute care sites.
- In select markets, directly holds Hospital President responsibilities of a single facility, in concert with assigned market-wide ancillary, support services and ancillary services responsibilities. May include functional responsibilities within acute, post-acute and/or ambulatory care sites, as assigned.
- Ensures that operations are consistent across the market and sets clear accountability and follow up to ensure that strategies are executed successfully; building aculture that fosters trust, high reliability, safety and quality.
- Oversees the monitoring of performance against operating plans, standards, and key indicators. Provides support to Hospital Presidents in meeting goals.
- Champions operational innovation and productivity in assigned market by ensuring regular identification and implementation of new and effective models for resource utilization, including people, capital, and knowledge; to ensure a positive environment exists for patients, medical staff, employees and other constituents.
- Provides leadership in the development of ongoing processes and systems that improve clinical and service related health-care delivery that improves population health results.
- Identifies and implements market physician alignment strategies that support clinical quality, growth, efficiency, and physician satisfaction.
- Ensures that all corporate activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and laws governing business and health care operations, and the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services.
- Participates in establishing the operational budget for the market and assigned hospital(s) in collaboration with the Financial Officer and Senior Leadership team; and ensures that revenue goals, cost objectives, and market share targets are achieved in assigned facilities.
- Ensures expense controls of resources and capital are implemented and effective in areas of responsibility, and that all revenues are maximized.
Education Qualifications -
Required Minimum Education:
Bachelor’s and Master’s degree
MHA or other related advanced degree
Masters of Health Administration, Public Health, or related degree such as Business or other Health Care degree
- Requires a minimum of 12 years of experience in health care leadership with increasing responsibility; dependent upon the volume and complexity of the assigned hospital(s), services lines, ancillary services and support services.
- Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Demonstrated history of significant accomplishments emphasizing the attainment of results (growth, quality, financial, compliance, ethical) and the development of people. Demonstrated experience driving population health initiatives that result in achieving the goals of the triple aim.
- Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred
- Experience as the top leader of a hospital facility is strongly preferred (Hospital President or similar). Multi-hospital experience is preferred. Clinical background is preferred. A visible and highly regarded community leader; an active participant in civic activities with willingness to invest time and resources.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Administration - Youngstown Regional Office
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN