Director of Behavioral Health Services, Southside Medical CenterRequisition R057186 Market Petersburg, VA Department Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Oversight of Behavioral Health departments in Southside Medical Center and Southern Virginia Medical Center.
The Director is responsible for the integration, facilitation, and coordination of administrative and clinical practice for care center/division. Serves as a professional role model, leader, mentor, and clinical resource/educator for members of the health care team. Develops SQP goals and objectives with staff based on analysis of targeted outcome measures of clinical and managerial processes. Improves operational excellence for patients related to cost, quality, service, and patient outcomes. Is a liaison to internal and external customers including physicians. Participates in business development activities. Is accountable for overall budget development, monitoring and variance analysis.
Work requires certification and/or licensure in the Commonwealth of Virginia in a clinical specialty area such as Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Registered Nurse, Clinical Nurse Specialist, or Certified Substance Abuse Counselor. Work requires demonstrated experience working with chemical dependency and psychiatric patient issues.A Master's Degree in Behavioral Sciences, such as Social Work, Rehabilitation, Psychology, Nursing, or related field is preferred. Minimum of (3) years of leadership/management experience in an acute care setting. Knowledge of administrative and clinical systems; skills in systems development and implementation; evidence of excellent personnel management, communication skills and fiscal management; knowledge of quality management and performance improvement strategies and tools.
- Identifies proactively and prospectively the need for change and process improvements for operational excellence related to cost, quality, and service.
- Listens and responds verbally, non-verbally and in writing with the goals of promoting understanding and building productive relationships.
- Communicates pertinent information to staff that affects daily operations and goal achievement.
- Facilitates the professional development of Clinical Coordinator and other staff. Encourages and supports the use of formal career advancement programs.
- Ensures the development and implementation of an effective care delivery system on each unit. Facilitates and evaluates clinical activities directed towards quality patient care. Ensures the integration of care management in the delivery system.
- Ensures that fiscal and productivity targets are met.
- Ensures that staff are held accountable for performance standards and are appropriately evaluated.
- Utilizes creativity and innovation to shape the present and future job environment. Maintains a current knowledge of the changing market place and integrates that knowledge into the business planning and strategic direction setting for the division and the organization.
- Integrates the organization's operating principles, values, vision and mission, QI, and Service Delivery/Recovery standards into the day-to-day functioning. Promotes quality by seeking to continually improve processes and systems to enhance patient care delivery.
- Facilitates recruitment and retention activities.
- Accepts and integrates constructive feedback. Demonstrates knowledge of personal/professional strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, limits, and impact on others.
- Uses a team approach to meet the needs of the care center/organization; promotes teamwork to accomplish tasks and divisional/organizational objectives.
- Collaborates with other health care providers, payors, consumers, and administrators to develop patient related programs; is an active participant on committees.
- Ensures that the care center is in compliance with all regulations, certification and licensure requirements.
- Demonstrates leadership competencies relevant to the position.
- Provides administrative coverage in the absence of the Administrative Director as requested. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age, specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in departmental policies and procedures. Provides patient care to Neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Medical Staff - Southside RMC - Petersburg
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse