Physical Therapist - PRN (Flat Rate)Requisition R052926 Market Portsmouth, VA Department Shift Days Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
The incumbent shall be responsible for providing a full range of physical therapy services including assessment, treatment planning and therapeutic interventions in a team environment consistent with the position’s qualifications, professional practices and ethical standards.
The incumbent shall also demonstrate accountability for and contribution to program development, quality improvement, problem solving and productivity enhancement in a flexible team fashion.
All employees, if applicable, are expected to adhere to the BSHR Automobile Safety Program per policy.
- The incumbent shall, at a minimum, be a graduate of a four year bachelors degree program approved by the APTA (or foreign equivalent), and hold an applicable and current license/certification to practice.
- Experience in working with an adult and geriatric population is necessary.
- Experience with an outpatient program/services and pediatric/adolescent populations is desirable.
Essential Job Functions
- Conduct initial assessments.
- Develop individualized treatment plans.
- Provide age appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Evaluate patient response to treatment.
- Document the course of patient care including progress made and continuing need for treatment.
- Provide patient and family education on tasks and resources that will assist with continued functional independence.
Other Job Functions
Quality Management Area
- Participate in program quality management activities.
- Collect quality review data.
- Participate in survey preparation activities.
- Interact with assigned program consultant.
- Participate in program safety activities.
- Contribute to the delivery of cost effective care.
- Participate in continuing education/professional development activities.
- Communicate and demonstrate a professional image/attitude for patients, families, clients, coworkers and others.
- Adhere to policies and practices of applicable professional organizations, client hospital and Bon Secours Virginia Health System.
- Contribute to client relations and marketing activities.
- Maintain licenses/certifications and memberships in applicable professional organizations.
- Participate in team business meetings.
- Function as a resource for and provide team members with inservice/cross-training on physical therapy knowledge and skill areas.
- Contribute to development of improved efficiency and productivity of program clinical/administrative functions.
- Participates as a team member by performing additional assignments not directly related to the job description when workload requires and as requested by supervisor.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
Department:Rehab Unit - Maryview
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse