Lead Sterile Processing TechnicianRequisition R078878 Market Richmond, VA Department Shift Evenings Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
To maintain a consistent high standard in the processing of instruments, patient care equipment and supplies and help assure that the department will meet or exceed the JCAHO requirements and be maintained in a cost effective manner. Responsible for inventory control, maximum utilization of available resources and departmental operations support/management on assigned shift. Gives Coordinator/Manager recommendations for evaluations of team members. Supervises designated team members; coordinates work flow, and prioritizes tasks for team to achieve maximum level of productivity.
Will disassemble, clean, assemble, sterilize, and store procedure trays, instruments, equipment and supplies according to prescribed procedures and aseptic technique; complete requests to dispense equipment and supplies and assist to maintain and process patient charge records and maintain department inventory.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Graduate of high school or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills.
- Communication skills including a service-oriented, positive attitude necessary in order to relate effectively with team members, patients, families, departments, and medical staff.
- Conscientious regard for technical and minute procedures
- Approximately three to six months of on-the-job experience.
- The Lead Sterile Processing Tech must complete a program for registration within two years of date of hire/transfer.
- Capable of mature and independent judgement as well as the ability to hold staff accountable.
- Must have the ability to teach and have demonstrated ability in written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Supply Chain - Field Ops
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse