Agile Coach (Remote - US)Requisition R092913 Market Remote Department SS Analytics Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
The Agile Coach encourages, empowers, and coaches both leadership and Agile teams. The Agile Coach will coach all team members formally and informally (with a keen focus on the organization’s Scrum Masters and Product Owners), striving to unlock the potential and curiosity in everyone. The Agile Coach will embrace change while acting as a defender of Agile methodologies and evangelize core Agile principles in the organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Coach and manage a small number of agile development teams
- Design agile WoW for an organization including org/team structure, process and performance evaluation
- Teach, mentor and improve Agile practices across the organization
- Evolve the ways of working based on the nature of work
- Drive consistent behaviors across the organization by standing up a community of practice
- Bring transparency to the Analytics organization about development and grow trust
- Monitor health of the collective team, checking that commitments, pace and quality are on track then help the team understand how to inspect & adapt where needed
- Empower leadership teams in building, growing, and sustaining a thriving Agile community
- Foster a continuous learning environment, pressure and embrace the uncomfortable, and help teams to inspect & adapt
Required Minimum Education:
Certified Scrum Practioner or Coach
Minimum Years and Type of Experience Required:
4-5 years working in an agile software development environment, preferably as a Scrum Master or Agile Coach
Minimum Years and Type of Experience Preferred:
2+ years of relevant work experience with Agile, including but not limited to Scrum, XP, SaaS, LESS, Kanban
Functional (Hard) and Interpersonal (Soft) Skill Items – Required
- Deep knowledge of agile principles
- Servant leadership
- Agile / scrum tools (e.g., Jira / Confluence)
- Relationship building
- Delivery or software development
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Familiarity with tech stacks
- Agile work process
- Agile implementation
- Customer focus
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand others
☒ Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur.
☐ Long-distance or air travel as needed- not to exceed 10% travel.
☒ General office environment.
☐ May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights.
☐ May be exposed to physical altercations and verbal abuse.
☐ May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids.*
☐ May be required to use physical restraints.
☐ May be exposed to human blood and other potentially infectious materials.*
☐ May be exposed to adverse weather conditions; cold, hot, dust, wind, etc.
☐ May have periods of constant interruptions.
☐ Required to car travel to off-site locations, occasionally in adverse weather conditions.
☐ Prolonged periods of working alone.
☐ Other: Click or tap here to enter text.
☐ Onsite - Required to work at a BSMH location Associates are on-site every day. 100% of time on-site
☐ Hybrid - Required to report onsite for some of your time. Required to report to a work location at least 40% or more onsite,
☒ Remote - Rarely required to report to a work location In-person collaboration maybe required when necessary. Associates may live anywhere but recommend in the footprint when possible.
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse