Epic Clarity Specialist (Remote - US)Requisition R097531 Market Remote Department SS Analytics Shift Days/Afternoons Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
The Epic Clarity Specialist is responsible for leading the overall design, analysis, and development of complex reports. The Epic Clarity Specialist works interactively with information requesters to clarify requirements and determine the feasibility and best method for meeting the request. Has expertise with business intelligence tools available at BSMH. Has experience with SQL development and optimization and a sophisticated knowledge of the EHR data model. The Epic Clarity Specialist can function independently, is a leader and mentors less experienced developers. Forms productive relationships with customers by listening, clarifying, and responding effectively. Participates on project teams as a key contributor. Responsible for writing documentation in a clear, concise manner, adhering to standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Applies in-depth knowledge of the Epic Clarity data model to information needs for the ministry. Achieves Epic Clarity certification(s) in areas of expertise.
- Demonstrates high level expertise in all aspects of position: data model knowledge, tool knowledge, relationships with customers, and relationships with team members. Proposes own solutions to reporting needs.
- Writes efficient SQL to extract information from Clarity into reports or data extracts. Understands how to model/create efficient database objects (SSIS packages, tables, views, stored procedures).
- Identifies opportunities for utilizing self-service reporting tools to meet reporting needs.
- Modifies existing reports, extracts, dashboards and cubes as necessary
- Partners with internal and external customers to define reporting and analytics needs. Requires in depth analytical skills to understand workflows, data collection methods and reporting solutions. Does not act as report "order taker" but, rather, presents advantages/disadvantages of reporting options available.
- Troubleshoots problems and questions from consumers.
- Conducts end user training and education sessions.
- Documents work appropriately. Maintains current inventory of reports and publishes this information to users.
- Participates in team meetings and collaborates with team members on reporting projects. Volunteers to assist team members.
Required Minimum Education: Bachelors
Field of Study: Computer Science, Information Systems, Analytics, or Clinical. Combination of post-secondary education and experience in lieu of degree.
Licensure/Certification Required: Epic Clarity Certification
- Required- Minimum of 3 years in IT or equivalent relevant experience; minimum 1 year using Business Intelligence Software. Relational Database concepts, Report Writing ability, SQL or Healthcare experience.
- Preferred- SAP/ Business Objects Experience, Epic Experience, SQL Server BI tools.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Analyzing Data
- Communication skills
- SQL Development and performance tuning
- Attention to Detail
- Build ETL/ELT procedures
- Create reports/data extracts from specifications
- Interactively work with users to gather requirements
- Documents work and creates training materials
- Problem Solving skills
- Models and builds database tables
- Works independently to meet requirements
- Can use multiple reporting tools
☒ Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur.
☒ Long-distance or air travel as needed- not to exceed 10% travel.
☒ General office environment.
☐ May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights.
☐ May be exposed to physical altercations and verbal abuse.
☐ May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids.*
☐ May be required to use physical restraints.
☐ May be exposed to human blood and other potentially infectious materials.*
☐ May be exposed to adverse weather conditions; cold, hot, dust, wind, etc.
☒ May have periods of constant interruptions.
☐ Required to car travel to off-site locations, occasionally in adverse weather conditions.
☒ Prolonged periods of working alone.
☒ Hybrid - Required to report onsite for some of your time. Required to report to a work location at least 40% or more onsite,
☒ Remote - Rarely required to report to a work location In-person collaboration maybe required when necessary. Associates may live anywhere but recommend in the footprint when possible.
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse