Critical Care Transport Paramedic - Mobile ICU - Mercy Health Tiffin - Full Time - DaysRequisition R068186 Market Tiffin, OH Department Ground Services - Toledo - Life Flight Network Shift All Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Responsible for assisting with urgent and critical care in a prompt and efficient manner to all patients transported via Life Flight or Mobile Life. Responsible for assessing, planning, organizing, documenting, and evaluating patient care in conjunction with the critical care transport nurse. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on the assigned unit.
- Provides professional care to the urgent/emergent needs of the patient prior to air or ground transfer in the airborne and ground transport environment. Works with critical care transport nurse to assess patient condition, to interpret patient related data, to establish immediate priorities and plan of care.
- Evaluates the patient care delivered in conjunction with the critical care transport nurse. Documents necessary and appropriate patient assessment and care.
- Acts as a professional representative of Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center and St. Rita's Medical Center to the community.
- Cooperates with all ancillary and support services.
- Assists in maintaining the vehicle, equipment and supplies as defined by departmental policies and procedures.
- Facilitates the needs of Life Flight patients and their families during hospitalization at Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center and St. Rita's Medical Center; communicates with other hospital departments as necessary to facilitate those needs.
- Communicates with EMS and hospital requestors as needed in order to care appropriately for transported patients.
- Acts as an educator to professional groups and EMS in our service area; promotes Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center and St. Rita's Medical Center as the regional referral centers.
- Attends internal and external educational meetings, keeps current in knowledge, skills and clinical competencies through professional journals, professional organizations, etc. Participates in department standing and ad hoc committees.
- Travels to assigned base sites with the understanding that daily assignments may change as dictated by staffing issues, mechanical issues with the aircraft or mobile units.
- Adheres to all Medical Directives, written policies and procedures for the Critical Care Transport Network, including crewmember weight policy for aviation operations.
- Completes annual flight crewmember training if oriented to flight environment.
- Interprets information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age specific need: a) neonatal, b) pediatric, c)adolescent, d) adult, e) geriatric.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS(must be non-expired/active unless otherwise stated):
1. Current license as a Paramedic from the State of Ohio
2. CAMTS approved advanced certification (FP-C or CCP-C) required or obtained within eighteen months of hire.
3.Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification required.
4. Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification required.
5. Basic Trauma Life Support certification or equivalent required within 6 months of hire.
6. Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification required within 6 months of hire.
7. Neonatal Advanced Life Support Certification required.
1. Michigan Paramedic license preferred
2. BCLS instructor preferred
3. ACLS Instructor certification preferred
Minimum Years and Type of Experience:
1. Graduate of an accredited paramedic program
2. At least 3 yearsparamedic field experience.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Must be able to demonstrate and maintain clinical competence, including but not limited to; arterial line monitoring, advanced airway techniques; use of IV pumps, and use of medical transport ventilators.
2. Must possess analytical abilities, sound medical knowledge, problem solving skills for the effective formulation of plan of care, implementation of care, and appropriate documentation of pertinent information regarding patient condition.
3. Must possess sufficient interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with patients, physicians and hospital personnel. Must have demonstrated leadership skills to participate in professional and community education programs; and to effectively maintain good public relations for the sponsoring institutions.
4.Work requires up to 6 months orientation to acquire necessary familiarity with department and unit policies and procedures.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:42
Department:Ground Services - Toledo - Life Flight Network
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse