coord rn quality improvement
At Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses mean the world to us.
“Being able to positively impact peoples' lives every single day. Great culture and friendly people at the home office in Bond Hill. New building/technology and wonderful cafeteria staff and food.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours Mercy Health?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
coord rn quality improvementRequisition R095193 Market Toledo, Ohio Department SS Quality - Clinical Outcomes Shift Days/Nights Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Job Summary: Ensures the delivery of high quality, excellent care that meets or exceeds regulatory standards and requirements and payor expectations, as well as assisting the organization to successfully achieve organizational objectives for quality and patient safety.Participates in quality reviews, reporting and performance improvement.Collaborates with nursing leadership, nursing staff members, and medical staff as needed. Supports CMO with quality of care reporting and analysis. Prepares and submits quality reports as required by external agencies and payors.Facilitates and supports the quality, patient safety, and performance improvement committee infrastructure.Provides support for organizational quality, patient safety, and performance improvement committees and projects as needed. Supports Medical Staff Quality and Peer Review.
Mission/Core Values: It is expected that all of the duties and responsibilities of this position will be performed in a manner consistent with the Ministry’s Standards of Behavior (CARE; Compassion: seeks to understand, listen and explain; Advocate: is the voice for the vulnerable;Respect: demonstrates the highest regard for and welcomes all people; Excellence: commits to the highest standard of quality care, joyful service, and teamwork) and in a manner that reflects the core values of Mercy Health which are: Excellence, Human Dignity, Justice, Compassion, Sacredness of Life and Service. All supervisors and above are expected to model the organizational mission and values through their daily actions, decision making and priority setting. All supervisors and above are expected to develop, implement and monitor short and long range plans to meet or surpass standards consistent with the overall strategic plan.
- Collaborates and acts as a resource to the organization and medical staff in the abstraction, analysis, and submission of data for evaluation to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, CMS conditions of participation, payor requirements, and medical staff bylaws. Includes support of the Medical Staff Quality/Peer Review function. Supports CMO with data analysis - 30%
- Collects quality indicator data and provides comparative analysis with other healthcare facilities. - 15%
- Participates as a member of quality improvement teams to provide data, analysis and document leanings to ensure spread of best practices. - 15%
- Works collaboratively with the CMO andmedical staff and organizational leadership to proactively address quality and /or utilization issues. - 10%
- Collaborates with hospital departments to ensure site survey readiness and compliance with regulatory requirements and conditions of participation. - 10%
- Serves as an internal consultant and educator for performance improvement activities and patient safety processes. - 10%
- Participates in an environment promoting individual and team accountability and commitment to high-quality and safe patient care. - 5%
- Participates in the development and implementation of the organization-wide quality and performance improvement plan. - 5%
Required: Current OH RN License or other allied health professional
Preferred: Professional in healthcare quality
- Minimum Years of Experience: 5 years clinical experience demonstrating increasing responsibility and success in clinical quality improvement.
- Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: Through knowledge of TJC standards, CMS conditions of participation, and other regulatory standards essential.Trained Lean Leader, CAP and Workout, or willing to train.
- Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:Excellent communication skills and ability to interact in a positive manner with members of the medical staff, organizational leadership and front-line staff.Organizational team-building, relationship building and management skills required.Understanding and ability to perform data analysis, basic statistical skills including intermediate knowledge of Excel. Proven experience with performance improvement methodologies required.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:SS Quality - Clinical Outcomes
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You will have days where you are the sole reason that someone is alive. You won’t find that in any other career.Michael W. Registered Nurse
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- Registered Nurse (RN) Critical Care- FT Mid Shift (11a-7:30p)- Interventional Radiology St. Mary's Hospital Richmond, Virginia
- Registered Nurse (RN)-FT- Ambulatory Surgery Unit Operating Room (ASU OR)- St. Mary's Hospital Richmond, Virginia
- Registered Nurse (RN) Critical Care- FT 32 or FT 40 day hours- Interventional Radiology St. Mary's Hospital Richmond, Virginia