Lead RN - Step Down - Mercy St Charles Hospital - Full Time - Days
At Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses mean the world to us.
“Being able to positively impact peoples' lives every single day. Great culture and friendly people at the home office in Bond Hill. New building/technology and wonderful cafeteria staff and food.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours Mercy Health?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
Lead RN - Step Down - Mercy St Charles Hospital - Full Time - DaysRequisition R100865 Market Toledo, Ohio Department Progressive Care Unit (PCU) - Mercy St. Charles Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
The Clinical Lead Nurse serves as a clinical leader to ensure that each patient receives quality, individualized care that is proactive and coordinated among the care delivery team and that the patient is attaining their clinical goals. These activities include clinical resource, patient throughput, quality/safety, and experience.
- Current RN license in the state of Ohio. BSN preferred, or must be obtained within 3 years.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years clinical experience.
- Ability to analyze clinical, financial and social situations, identifying problems and alternative courses of action.
- Willingness to be flexible, resourceful, and creative in problem solving.
- Ability to act independently, offer suggestions, supports, and participates in improving performance and operations.
- Ability to guide and direct the health care team to assure optimal patient outcomes. Clinical expertise in specialty area.
- Ability to organize and present information clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in order to effectively communicate with physicians, patients, families and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking; and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to support bedside nurse to clinically progress patient to next level of care.
- Required to meet competencies and criteria established for unit assigned.
- Current CPR certification required.
- ACLS and other certifications may be required.
- Performs repetitive tasks/motions
- Hears alarm bells, telephone, and other sounds
- Hears normal conversation
- Have good manual dexterity
- Have good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Have clarity of vision: near (< 20”)
- Have clarity of vision: mid (>20”-20’)
- Have clarity of vision: far (>20’)
- Distinguish colors
- Reads and interprets written/oral instructions
- Sets and meets deadlines, prioritizes work and works independently
- Identifies and understands issues and problems
- Examines data and draws logical conclusions demonstrating the ability to apply high levels of critical thinking and understanding
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of oral or written communications
- Makes decisions which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit
- Organize thoughts and ideas into understand terminology
Must be flexible and able to adapt to change
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Progressive Care Unit (PCU) - Mercy St. Charles
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You will have days where you are the sole reason that someone is alive. You won’t find that in any other career.Michael W. Registered Nurse
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) - Mercy Health Anderson Hospital Cincinnati, Ohio
- Registered Nurse (RN) Mom/Baby Unit (postpartum) St. Elizabeth Boardman Youngstown, Ohio
- Registered Nurse - CCU - FT Nights- Memorial Regional Medical Center Mechanicsville, Virginia