Medical Lab Scientist -Mercy Health St. Vincent- Full Time-EveningsRequisition R099109 Market Toledo, Ohio Department Microbiology - Integrated Lab Shift Evenings Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
$10,000 Sign-on Bonus Available
Summary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Medical Laboratory Scientists (sometimes referred to as clinical laboratory scientists, or medical technologists) are responsible for performing all aspects of testing on patient samples in an attempt to detect the absence or presence of a number of diseases. These medical professionals may examine a host of different types of samples, including various body fluids, feces, cells and tissues. Upon conclusion of the testing, the Medical Laboratory Scientist will report back to the ordering physician and consult with him or her about the results.
Essential Job Functions
• Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures; interprets and analyzes results.
• Identifies and corrects problems within the scope of training and education.
• Operates, maintains, troubleshoots, and validates lab equipment.
• Performs, records, and evaluates Quality Control.
• Assists Lead, Supervisor, or Manager with inventory, schedules, and safety.
• Conducts competency assessments.
• May be responsible for developing and evaluating new methods of testing, depending on their experience and position.
This document is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Employees may be required to perform other job-related duties as required by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
MLS Medical Lab Scientist Certification or eligible by a nationally recognized certification agency (preferably ASCP) (required)
Bachelors, Clinical Laboratory Science/Medical Laboratory Science/Biomedical Science/Biology/Biochemistry
through a Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) approved program (required)
Externship program completed (required)
Verbal and Written Communication Skills
Lab Information Systems
Laboratory Diagnostic Tests
Quality assurance and control
FDA health laws and regulations.
Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur
May be exposed to physical altercations and verbal abuse
May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights
May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids*
May be exposed to human blood and other potentially infectious materials*
May have periods of constant interruptions
Prolonged periods of working alone
Other: Intermittent exposure to fumes and odors
* Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control
Join our team today!
• Higher Pay Scales and Sign-On Incentives
• Flexible Schedule to live the life you deserve
• Increased Float Pool Differentials
• Rewarding Higher Differentials with working on the Weekend
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:36
Department:Microbiology - Integrated Lab
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse