MPAS Program Adjunct Faculty, Lecture - Mercy College of OhioRequisition R077172 Market Toledo, Ohio Department Phys Assistant Program - Mercy College of Ohio Shift Days Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy College of Ohio!
This is a temporary academic position in which the adjunct faculty member is responsible for instruction of students in the classroom setting within a given discipline.
Essential Job Functions
- Assumes responsibility for classroom instruction of assigned courses.
- Facilitates a learning and caring environment, which encourages critical thinking, investigation, self-direction, and respect for the uniqueness of each individual.
- Evaluates student progress and maintains appropriate records.
- Remains current with trends, issues and practices in the discipline.
- Contributes to the evaluation of student academic achievement and other evaluative processes of the College.
- Upholds and promotes the Mercy Health Mission and Core Values of compassion, excellence, human dignity, justice, sacredness of life and service.
Required Minimum Education:
Graduate Degree (Masters)
Specialty/Major: Physician Assistant or relevant degree to subject matter
Post Graduate Degree (Ph.D)
If PA, holds current NCCPA Certification (PA-C) or PA-C emeritus status, PA license or license eligible. If physician, holds current licensure as allopathic or osteopathic physician and board certified ABMS or AO.
Active certification, licensure as relevant to discipline.
Minimum Years and Type of Experience:
"Open." Experience as relevant to course content's learning outcomes and instructional objectives.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Effective oral and written communication in English and interpersonal skills. Ability to use appropriate technology in the classroom. Flexibility to meet the needs of the specific division and students.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
Teaching experience in PA/medical education. Active and current membership in professional and/or community organizations.
Mercy College of Ohio is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
Department:Phys Assistant Program - Mercy College of Ohio
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse