Lead Cook - Mercy Health McAuley Center - Urbana - Sign on Bonus IncludedRequisition R100551 Market Urbana, Ohio Department Food and Nutrition - Mercy McAuley Center Shift Afternoons/Nights Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
$1500 Sign On Bonus
As a faith-based and patient-focused organization, Mercy Health exists to enhance the health and well-being of all people in mind, body and spirit through exceptional patient care. Success in this goal requires a culture of compassion, collaboration, excellence and respect. Mercy Health seeks people that are committed to our values of compassion, human dignity, integrity, service and stewardship to create an environment where associates want to work and help communities thrive.
Complete an online application. Complete the task to take the application assessment. Upon completion of your assessment, you may be sent an email with a link and instructions to complete the HireVue video interview. Click HERE to opt in to receive the link for the video interview via text message and speed up the interview process. Message and data rates may apply.
Lead Cook – McAuley Center
The Lead Cook is responsible for tasks related to patient meal service, including the timely assembly, final preparation and delivery of nutritionally appropriate and attractive meals. The Cook also practices appropriate food handling techniques and safety procedures while demonstrating excellent customer service skills on a consistent basis.
- "Manager on Duty" in the absence of the Operations Manager or Shift Leader.
- Leads daily production huddle with proper documentation, including the involvement of tray passers, tray line workers, and prep cooks.
- Leads the production team in food preparation and food safety for patients, cafeteria, and catering.
- Adheres to hand hygiene and infection control procedures on a consistent basis when interacting with patients and guests
- Areas are restocked as needed to meet department demands
- Performs sanitation for assigned work area in accordance with departmental procedures and health department guidelines
- Ensures cooking and serving equipment is prewashed, washed and sanitized per department procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous Food Industry or Customer Service experience
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to write and understand written and oral communications
- Engage with staff and patients in a professional manner
- Basic math skills
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Food and Nutrition - Mercy McAuley Center
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse