Manager Nursing Long Term Care - $10,000 Sign-on BonusRequisition R096243 Market Urbana, Ohio Department Skilled Nursing Unit - Mercy McAuley Center Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Provides direction, supervision, and leadership to Nursing associates, in collaboration with the Director of Nursing, to maintain standards of care/practice in the delivery of quality patient care. Functions as a representative of Administration and provides resource and guidance to Nursing and the ancillary/support departments, as well as the community.
- Incorporates the Core Values and Success Factors that support the mission and vision of Catholic Health Partners.
- Direct the planning, Development, and organization of Resident Centered Care and Fall Prevention. Develop departmental program goals and objectives annually and involve staff in the process.
- Conduct and schedule meetings for Nurses, STNA's, and keep account of education for all certified employees. Coordinate and/or facilitate in-services for staff development and compliance with annual TB and flu shot.
- Interview/hire/terminate/counsel/orient/supervise performance of employees as well as annual and probationary period evaluations.
- Maintain certification and necessary continuing education courses to increase knowledge current with state and federal regulations. Maintain compliance with survey results of state licensure and all Federal, state, and county rules and regulations to assure satisfactory results. Maintain compliance with OSHA regulations and Area Agency Aging regarding all necessary Medicaid waiver requirements and documentation.
- Encourage residents through one-on-one contact to fulfill their individual leisure interests by attending activities, or individual interests. Interact in a diplomatic, tactful, and humane manner with residents, families, visitors, and co-workers to provide a safe, efficient, and caring environment.
- Address wholistic needs of families and residents.Complete assessments, facilitate resolution of concerns utilizing facility procedures. Meet with individual residents and families to facilitate discussion regarding issues and emotional needs with empathy and concern as evidenced by supervisory observation and examples. Facilitate meetings with families as needed. Attend Care Plan meetings, facility quality assurance and daily interdisciplinary team meetings, and other meetings as requested.
- Make rounds daily to ensure resident satisfaction.Develop and maintain working relationships with staff and community resources.Think and act calmly and logically to meet unusual occurrences of the job. Respect and maintain resident’s dignity, individuality, privacy and confidentiality.
- Navigate SafeCare effectively to review incident/accident reports and ensure effective risk management. Provide follow-through with residents and families on concerns. Ensure completion of the investigation and communication with resident and families until final resolution is reached.
- Provide and audit end of month billing and daily levels of care to ensure financial stewardship as well as participate in development of operation budget for Assisted Living.Conduct level of care assessments quarterly and/or as needed due to resident changes in condition.
- Assist admissions personnel on referral source follow up, tours, and inquiries for Assisted Living.Participate in networking groups and/or community relations opportunities.
Preferred Education: Master's Degree in related field
Required Minimum Education: Completion of an accredited program in registered nursing; Bachelor's Degree; broad range of clinical experience.
Licensure/Certifications:Current RN license in the state of Ohio required; BLS Certification
Minimum Years of Experience: Management and critical care experience preferred. Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Successful completion of CPR and First Aid Training program.
- Experience in healthcare services.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively and organizational skills.
- Ability to delegate, facilitate, motivate, team build, plan, goal set, direct and coach.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from families, residents, and staff.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to work and function in emergency situations.
- Ability to remain calm under stress.
- Ability to understand and direct people.
- Proficiency in basic nursing techniques and knowledge.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Skilled Nursing Unit - Mercy McAuley Center
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse