Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor Humility House - Part Time - AfternoonsRequisition R084333 Market Youngstown, Ohio Department Skilled Nursing Unit - Humility House Shift Afternoons Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
$5000 Sign On Bonus!
- Must be a Registered Nurse.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and possess a current, Ohio License.
- Must possess current CPR certification.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES
- The Registered Nurse works under the direct supervision of the Director of Nursing and is responsible for delivery of resident care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation; also directs and guides patient teaching, activities of ancillary personnel while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
- Has knowledge of resident's condition at all times.
- Provides nursing care according to physician's orders and in conformance with recognized nursing techniques and procedures, established standards, and administrative policies.
- Recognizes and interprets symptoms, reports resident's condition, and assists with or institutes remedial measures for adverse developments.
- Assists the physician in diagnostic and therapeutic measures, and administers medications and treatment as prescribed.
- Maintains accurate and complete records of nursing observations and care.
- Studies trends and developments in general practices and techniques and evaluates their adaptability to specific nursing duties.
- Assists in training and supervision of direct-care nursing personnel.
- Maintains cleanliness of areas.
- Provides proper care of complicated apparatus used in treating residents.
- Develops, Organizes and implements the modified primary care concept as it applies to specific shift.
- Coordinates activities with all other shifts to ensure continuity of care.
- Assigns care areas monthly to shift staff.
- Recommends improvements specific to shift to Manager of Nursing.
- Reviews proper documentation and assures that it is completed in a timely manner.
- Recommends scheduling patterns.
- Develops plan of care as related to shift for each resident.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- The RN Supervisor provides care in accordance with the residents plan of care and in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures, mission and values.
- Scheduled accordingly to meet resident care needs/operational demands including working overtime as needed.
Nursing Practice and Resident Care Activities
- Assesses physical, psychological and social dimensions of residents.
- Applies knowledge of illnesses, injuries and diseases and uses available resources in assessment process.
- Provides written assessment of resident on admission and subsequently in the nursing process.
- Assists the M.D.S. Assessment Nurse in the formation of a written plan of care.
- Initiates plan based on nursing assessment and applies knowledge of specific illnesses, injuries, diseases, human behavior and appropriate standards of care.
- Documents specific nursing orders and interventions related to direct resident care.
- Utilizes all available resources in planning care and consults as necessary with clinical specialists, supervisors, physicians, etc.
- Attends plan of care as necessary to assure accurate continuing assessments of residents.
- Develops discharge plan which uses all available resources.
- Implements Plan of Care
- Implements clinical and technical aspects of care and nursing orders in accordance with established policies and procedures; intervenes with proper technique, procedure and safety precautions to meeting individual needs of resident.
- Implements medical plan through passing medications and intervention with physician orders.
- Documents nursing intervention, resident response, effectiveness, complications, etc.; communicates information to peers and physician.
- Uses all available in-house resource personnel and departments for treatment, consultation.
- Respects dignity and confidentiality of resident serving as an advocate as necessary and providing a safe and secure environment for the resident.
- Respects resident rights.
- Functions within limits of State Nurse Practice Act, Humility House and nursing department policies and procedures; provides care and demonstrates skills comparable to peers with similar training and experience, functioning under similar circumstances.
- Evaluates Nursing Care Provided
- Reviews and evaluates effectiveness of intervention and implementation of plan.
- Determines level of accomplishment of Plan of Care goals and expected outcomes following intervention, Reviews and evaluates personal nursing practice as compared to standard of care and original plan of care as supported by peers and other resource personnel.
- Resident and Family Instruction/Education and Discharge Planning Assesses need for resident and family instruction.
- Reviews resident and family knowledge of disease, illness and readiness to accept leaving and care for resident at home.
- Identifies needs for care at home, or alternatives such as outpatient treatment, extended care facility, etc.
- Plans Instructions for Resident and family
- Sets realistic learning objectives by including resident and family in instruction planning.
- Provides self care instructions.
- Identifies necessary medical information to be communicated and community resources available.
- Communicates discharge needs/planning with Social Services Department.
- Implements Instruction on Teaching Plan
- Uses individualized techniques utilizing and acting as resource for peers.
- Initiates referrals as necessary to healthcare providers and other resource agencies in coordination with the Social Services Department.
- Evaluates instruction on teaching plan through monitoring learning process, seeking feedback from resident and family, and further changing or modifying instruction based on evaluation process.
- Professional Expectations and Leadership
- Personal Growth and Development
- Assesses personal and learning development needs.
- Plans and implements program to meet identified needs through formal and informal means.
- Evaluates effectiveness of formal and informal developmental programs; changes or modifies plans to meet personal learning needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of State Nursing Act, Humility House and Nursing policies and procedures.
- Supports philosophy, objectives and goals of Nursing Department.
- Performs within limits of State Nurse Practice Act, Humility House, and Nursing Department policies and procedures.
- Acts as a resource person regarding resident care, specialty area, orientation and teaching of staff.
- Strives for excellence in resident care by the direction and supervision of Nursing Department Staff.
- Challenge and/or correct errors of peers as necessary to ensure resident safety and wellbeing.
- Participates in nursing staff performance evaluations.
- Accountable for own conduct and promotes good working relationship among staff and between other disciplines and departments.
- Participates in nursing committees and other activities, which promote the growth and development of nursing and/or resident care.
- Functions as House Officer in the absence of the Administrator and/or Director of Nursing.
- Responsible for all aspects of the facility including safety, compliance, disciplinary actions, staffing, and security.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Registered Nurse provides exemplary customer service with attention to detail.
Reports to the Nursing Services Manager.
Supervises all nursing personnel including LPN's and STNA's.
Occasional – 1 to 33% of workday
Frequent – 34 to 66% of workday
Constant – 67 – 100% of workday
Not at all – 0% of workday
Sitting, Unilateral Vertical Reach 36-72”; Bed-cart transfer with 200# person and assist of one with sheet; Lift 0-50#, 6-36” from floor; climbing stairs; operating machines (2hand(s)), operating machines 2foot/feet).
Standing, walking 2.3 mph, 0 incline; unilateral horizontal reach 0-18”; bilateral carry, 30’, 27#; push/pull 100’, 19ft lbs; hold 200# patient sidelying while doing procedure x 2 minutes; roll 200# patient away/toward self; transfer 105# person chair-chair 5x/hr with gait belt; move 200# person up in bed with assist of one and sheet; lift 0-30#, 6”-36” from floor; lift 0-20# 36”-48” from floor; lift 0-20# 6”-72” from floor.
Bilateral fine motor manipulation; functional near, far, color vision aided or unaided; functional hearing aided or unaided; functional verbal communication skills; working overtime as assigned to meet operational/patient care demands.
Not at All
Climbing ladders; working from heights; crawling; kneeling; running
Category I job classification – HMHP employees who have jobs with tasks that routinely involve exposure or potential exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues and/or used sharps.
Job Hazard Risks:
Infectious Disease Exposure
Hazard Materials Exposure (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical)
Workplace Violence Potential
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:16
Department:Skilled Nursing Unit - Humility House
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse