At Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses mean the world to us.
“Being able to positively impact peoples' lives every single day. Great culture and friendly people at the home office in Bond Hill. New building/technology and wonderful cafeteria staff and food.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours Mercy Health?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
Chaplain-PRN-Clermont HospitalRequisition R100060 Market Batavia, Ohio Department Pastoral Care - Clermont Shift All Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Under the direction of the Regional Director of Spiritual Care, the chaplain ministers to patients, families, and staff around religious and spiritual needs. As an integral member of the multidisciplinary team, the chaplain provides spiritual care and emotional support within the context of illness, crisis, loss and death. The chaplain is committed to the Mission and models its core values.
- Provide spiritual care and support for patients, families, and staff on assigned units
- Provide prayer, support, and comfort especially to the dying patient and his/her family
- Provide bereavement services as needed, including memorial services, funeral services, etc.
- Provide for the worship / sacramental / liturgical needs of patients and staff
- Assess the emotional / spiritual needs of patients and families including psychosocial issues, adjustment to illness or disability, status of religious / spiritual coping
- Document in patient's medical record with appropriate intervention and plan of care
- Participate as an integral member of the multidisciplinary team with skills in spiritual assessment, crisis intervention, conflict resolution, and pastoral care
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide appropriate spiritual / emotional support to persons of diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds, religions, and various age groups.
- Support staff especially in times of crisis, conflict, loss, and/or need for debriefing
- Coordinate and participate in ethics consults; keep updated on ethical issues
- Participate in goals and objectives of the department; participate in the department plan for continuous quality improvement
- Participate in maintenance of administrative procedures for the department in accordance with institutional policy; serve on institutional committees and community-based organizations
Required Minimum Education: 4 year/bachelor degree
Preferred Education: Graduate Degree/Masters
Required: 50 contact hours of professional training and education required annually to meet departmental and certification requirements
- Participate in the rotation for 24/7 coverage including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Educate patients and families regarding advance directives; work with interdisciplinary team in preparing documents related to their health care, e.g., living wills, health care power of attorney
- Develop and present orientation and continuing education programs regarding spiritual care, advance directives, bereavement, and application of the Ethical and Religious Directive for Mercy Health for associates, staff, local clergy, and community-at-large
- Provide training and support for pastoral care volunteers/ Eucharistic ministers
- Provide programs that foster Mission and spirituality in the workplace
- Maintain re-certification requirements in professional chaplaincy associate every five years
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
Department:Pastoral Care - Clermont
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You will have days where you are the sole reason that someone is alive. You won’t find that in any other career.Michael W. Registered Nurse
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- Bon Secours St. Francis - 2021 Nurse Extern Program Greenville, South Carolina
- Certified Hospice Aide - In Home Richmond, Virginia
- RN PRN - Labor & Delivery - Dayshift or Nightshift Petersburg, Virginia