Claims ManagerRequisition R048390 Market Cincinnati, OH Department SS Risk & Insurance Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
Summary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Effectively and efficiently manages complex and large exposure medical malpractice claims, including hospital and employed physician claims and claims covered by the deductible polices. Acts as the BSMH representative at pre-trial hearing, mediations, arbitrations and attends most trials. Manages and directs staff in accordance with organizational objectives and goals.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages the analysis of defense counsel effectiveness on an annual basis
- Implements and tracks claims related to the Early Liability Review Program
- Timely setting of accurate reserves based on formula (where possible)
- Identification of potential claims at the time of reporting and appropriate follow up such as expert evaluation prior to suit or notice of potential suit
- Works extensively with outside defense counsel to manage the claims
- Verifies accurate billing of outside defense counsel
- Manages policy reviews to assure appropriate scope of coverage within commercial policies and assure congruence of coverage between commercial policies and the Captive.
- While working with market and group senior leaders explain the risks and alternatives regarding various claim options.
- Works closely with employed physicians when the physicians are named in a lawsuit
- Works closely with the Risk management related to claim management
- Manages closely with the insurance staff regarding coverage issues
- Manages staff to meet organizational objectives. Provides direction and oversight of assigned duties and projects.
- This document is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Employees may be required to perform other job related duties as required by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
- Required Minimum Education: Bachelors
- Preferred Education: Insurance Courses CPCU/AIC/ARM/INS Institute
- Minimum Qualifications: 7 years handling Professional Liability Claims
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:SS Risk & Insurance
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN