Financial AnalystRequisition R050757 Market Cincinnati, OH Department SS Finance - Phys Finance Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
Financial Analyst – Ambulatory Ventures and Population Health
Provides support to the Director of Finance - Ambulatory Ventures and Population Health, primarily through financial statement analysis, risk analysis, proforma creation, the annual budget process, and other financial activities.
Must be able to perform the following:
- Produces various standardized financial reports for distribution to group, market and support service finance.
- Support and assist in the annual budget process including development of tools for completing ambulatory service budgets
- Gain familiarity and expertise into the systems used for financial reporting and report generation from an accounting, revenue cycle, and budget perspective.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of the current trends and developments in ambulatory healthcare reimbursement, including keeping abreast of compliance regulations, standards and directives regarding governmental/third party agencies and/or third party payors.
- Assists in the improvement, development and creation of standardized financial reports.
- Collaborates with group, market and support service finance to develop new reports.
- Creates ad hoc reports utilizing various data sources and systems as needed.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Collaborates with colleagues to determine information needs, assess information availability, access and analyze appropriate data and finalize reports.
- Interprets and summarizes information, performs appropriate analysis.
- Creates ad hoc reports utilizing various data sources and systems as needed
Preferred Education and Skills:
An ideal candidate should be able to do the following:
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's of Accounting/Finance, Master's Preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in Finance or Accounting
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written.
- Effective organizational and communication skills. Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in financial analysis and modeling; Proficient in spreadsheet and database programs
- Ability to plan, organize, maintain priorities and schedule, to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Knowledge and ability in the financial forecasting, business plan development and budgeting processes.
- Ability to understand and present statistical/financial information to varying audiences throughout the organization.
- Detail oriented, focuses on accuracy of information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft computer software tools (spreadsheet, word processing, presentation).
- Excellent Excel skills required including proficiency in complex formulas
- SQL Experience a plus
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:SS Finance - Phys Finance
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN