Housekeeper - Mercy Health - West HospitalRequisition R042604 Market Cincinnati, OH Department Environmental Services - West Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
About Mercy Health
As a faith-based and patient-focused organization, Mercy Health exists to enhance the health and well-being of all people in mind, body and spirit through exceptional patient care. Success in this goal requires a culture of compassion, collaboration, excellence and respect. Mercy Health seeks people that are committed to our values of compassion, human dignity, integrity, service and stewardship to create an environment where associates want to work and help communities thrive.
This housekeeping role is responsible for the cleaning and sanitation of all patient areas, work areas, offices and public areas. The housekeeper must practice good cleaning habits to provide a safe and sanitary environment for all patients, visitors and staff.
- Performs sweeping, mopping, scrubbing and additional cleaning functions
- Transports trash, hazardous waste, soiled linen, and recyclable trash to appropriate disposal areas
- Replenishes supplies and materials in assigned areas and patient rooms
- Inspect and ensure that all assigned areas are properly cleaned and in good repair as well as report any problems
- Follows all safety and sanitation regulations
- Demonstrate proper use of Personal Protective equipment (PPE)
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Degree or GED preferred
- No experience required; On-the-job training will be provided
- Previous experience in housekeeping or environmental services preferred
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to write and understand written and oral communications
- Engage with staff and patients in a professional manner
- Able to use housekeeping equipment
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:32
Department:Environmental Services - West
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN