Medical Assistant - Outpatient Clinic - The Jewish HospitalRequisition R046695 Market Cincinnati, OH Department Outpatient Clinic - Jewish Shift Days Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Works within the scope of the Medical Assistant practice, and in alignment with standards of excellence and quality, provides patient care under the direction of the provider.Works directly with residents and teaching faculty (based on site programs).
- Under the direction of the provider, contributes to the completion of a comprehensive assessment and documentation of patient/family needs.Identifies significant changes in patient condition through data collection and reports them to the provider.Understands and adheres to the legal responsibilities and requirements within the medical assistant role.
- Under the direction of the provider, participates in planning and implementing care for patients within the scope of Medical Assisting practice.Understands how to troubleshoot issues and escalate problems to provider, direct supervisor, or appropriate internal resource. Demonstrates standards of excellence in care in all interactions, for both internal and external customers.
- Maintains necessary certifications as needed including annual required competency skills, utilizing these as resources for patient/family teaching and education under the direction of the provider.
- Maintains a safe and supportive environment, by keeping the work area, exam rooms, and equipment in clean, orderly, and safe manner, ensuring availability and proper functioning of supplies and equipment.
- Maintains skills for cross training to meet patient care and day to day operational needs. This may include travel to other facilities, or adjusting hours to meet patient care needs as directed by the manager.
Required Minimum Education: High School Diploma/GED
Preferred Education: 2 year/Associates Degree
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS (must be non-expired/active unless otherwise stated):
Required:Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) or Certified Medical Assistant (NHA)
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:24
Department:Outpatient Clinic - Jewish
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN