Patient Transporter- Patient Transport- Anderson HospitalRequisition R056072 Market Cincinnati, OH Department Respiratory Therapy - Anderson Shift All Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Summary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Transports patients from their room throughout hospital as needed to ancillary departments; adheres to schedules and notifies departments of schedule changes in a timely manner. Transports patients in a safe and efficient manner including use of AIDET.
Essential Job Functions
- Transports patients and patient related items to and from various hospital locations to ancillary departments utilizing appropriate resources to ensure safe patient transport. Ensures patient is covered for comfort and/or privacy. Stays with patient at all times. Gives Hand-off communication to the receiving nurse. Verifies patient information using two forms of verification and makes sure the patient has proper identification bracelet. Notifies appropriate department within five minutes of patient delay for scheduled procedure or therapy sessions. Maintains daily transportation logs which includes departure and arrival times, name of patient, and/or equipment transported. May provide life saving care during emergency codes.
- Monitors and inspects patient care equipment prior to and during transports. Cleans and maintains hospital transport equipment/wheel chairs and uses hospital monitor program to monitor transport as per schedule and disinfects surfaces between transports. Reviews equipment/orientation checklist at least annually to ensure competent use of equipment.
All positions available:
Full time, Part time, PRN
Days, Afternoons, Nights
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Respiratory Therapy - Anderson
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse