CT Tech PRN - Mercy Health Anderson HospitalRequisition R083827 Market Cincinnati, Ohio Department Womens/Childrens Hlth - Anderson Shift All Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Applies the art and skill of diagnostic imaging through the safe and effective use of CT scanning equipment in a way that provides direct patient care in a compassionate and timely manner.
- Demonstrates safe and effective operation of all computer tomography equipment and processes; explains procedures to patients; obtains and records patient histories and consent forms as needed;properly positions patients on CT scanning cradles and properly immobilizes patients with appropriate devices to obtain desired anatomic position; selects exposure techniques and correct computer protocols for exams; makes radiation exposures by energizing scanner per physician request and history; manipulates reconstructed images using a wide variety of available computer functions to optimally visualize desired anatomy; loads and programs pressure injectors according to parameters established for each procedure; performs intravenous injections and demonstrates a knowledge of use and care of existing IVs; administers oral, rectal and IV radiographic contrast agents specific to procedures; assists the radiologist with biopsies, drainage procedures, etc.; practices sterile technique; exhibits safe and effective use of all contrast and radiation materials; maintains a working knowledge of all CT IT systems, including Radiant and PACS
- Assures the quality of all images; confirms that all pertinent patient/procedural data on images is correct; performs warm-up /quality audits on scanners daily; troubleshoots equipment during malfunctions and reports malfunctions to the Bio-Med Department; performs daily quality audits to include temperature logs and dates on IV contrasts; maintains clinical competency
- Participates in the education/instruction of students and the orientation of new staff.
- Participates in performance improvement projects; assists department in achieving successful results in all federal, state and local agency audits
Required Minimum Education: Bachelors Degree- Radiologic Technology
Must be a licensed Radiology Technician in the state of Ohio; current BLS certification required; Rad Tech registration with the American Registry of Radiologic Technology required; CT registration with the American Registry of Radiologic Technology preferred.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0
Department:Womens/Childrens Hlth - Anderson
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse