Psych Education Specialist - Adult Psych Unit - Clermont HospitalRequisition R087545 Market Cincinnati, Ohio Department Adult Behavioral Health Unit - Clermont Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
BRIEF SUMMARY: Responsible for evaluation, planning, implementation of Recreation/Art/Music/Expressive Therapy services within the Department. Designs and implements specialized therapeutic recreational groups for patients and families on all program areas, including education, support services and community resources. Works within a team in the delivery of care.
- Considerable knowledge of the therapeutic recreation principles, techniques and methods and their application to the population served.
- Knowledge of the physiological, sociological, and psychological implications for the disease processes experienced by the population served.
- Ability to evaluate patients and interpret data
- Ability to plan, develop and facilitate psycho-education and recreational therapy groups and programs.
- Ability to evaluate client progress and to present evaluative reports in interdisciplinary team meetings
- The ability and willingness to identify with, share in, and have a commitment to the philosophy, mission, values and vision of our Sponsors and Catholic Health Partners.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional appearance, aptitude, and attitude
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments while meeting rigid deadlines
- Impeccable ethics and integrity
- Ability to maintain appropriate professional boundaries
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, families, a variety of professional disciplines and the general public.
- Ability to use critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills including but not limited to analysis, problem solving, and decision-making
- Ability to efficiently manage time, priorities and resources
- Possesses basic computer skills; demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and web-based applications
- Ability to follow instruction, use constructive feedback, demonstrate professionalism, responsibility, critical thinking, and stress management skill
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory standards
- Ability to maintain strict client confidentiality, HIPAA compliance
- Cultural sensitivity
- Ability to Travel.
- Ability to organize and maintain supplies and equipment
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time. Frequently lifts and carries items weighing up to 100 pounds (with assistance). Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours. Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
Certificates, License, Registrations: Eligible license or registration
- Recreation Therapist: National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certificate (NCTRC) required or working toward under supervision
- Art Therapist: ATR Required
- Occupational Therapist: National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapist; appropriate State License
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Recreation Therapy, Occupational Therapist, or Expressive Therapist
- Licensed or certified as required by appropriate state or national licensing board or working toward under supervision
- Experience in working in a psychiatric setting highly preferred.
- Basic Life Support Certification: Required
- Special physical requirements: sits and stands throughout the day. Physical management of patients in crisis situation may be necessary.
Required Job Specific Training:
- De-Escalation training within 90 days of hire; Group Training
Join our team, and you’ll have access to cutting-edge technology. You’ll rub elbows with the best-of-the-best in over 100 specialties. And you’ll be part of an organization that includes 23 hospitals and more than 450 locations in Ohio and Kentucky. Because we’re a large organization, you’ll find plenty of room for advancement and growth. And we’re ready to invest in your future through training and professional development. So you can improve your skills, develop new ones and take on new challenges.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
· Great health, dental and vision plans
· Prescription drug coverage
· Flexible spending accounts
· Life insurance w/AD&D
· An employer-matched 403(b)
· Paid Time Of
· Tuition reimbursement
· And a lot more
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Adult Behavioral Health Unit - Clermont
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse