Registered Nurse Supervisor - Mercy Health - Mercy West Park Senior LivingRequisition R039308 Market Cincinnati, OH Department Progressive Care Unit (PCU) - West Park Shift Days/Nights Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The RN Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the Nursing Department during off-shifts or in the absence of the Director of Nursing. During off shifts and when the Director and other management personnel are absent, the RN Supervisor is in charge of the entire facility.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and possess a current and in good standing Registered Nurse license for the state of Ohio.
- Current and valid CPR certification.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a RN.
- Management experience preferred.
- Preferred - completes educational course for rehab/restorative nurse training.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local regulations governing the departments for long-term care.
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be detail orientated as errors must be kept to a minimum to maximize time and efficiency. Errors could result in resident harm.
- May contribute to the decision-making process as an information resource.
- Requires sensitivity and tact to present/defend controversial decisions.
- Must possess ability to operate office equipment.
- Accountability and responsibility to maintain confidentiality of resident information.
- Participates as a team member in a manner consistent with Mercy West Park Core Values.
- Promotes a positive work environment.
- Must handle staff situations or resident situations as they arise in a calm, effective manner.
- Must possess above average assessment skills.
- A creative thinker who sees more than one way to solve a problem.
- Familiar with federal and state guidelines and the survey process.
ESSENTIAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Demonstrates Mercy West Park mission and core values of respect, compassion, interdependence, excellence and stewardship.
- Provides leadership and strategic oversight in assigned area to ensure the achievement of the facility mission and living of its values.
- Inspires, motivates and models supportive behaviors.
- Demonstrates self-governance and promotes the same in others.
- Creates an environment which fosters professional/personal growth and development.
- Communicates effectively by demonstrating strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills with all levels of the organization and the public.
- Leads potential new hire peer review process for the shift.
- Interacts with and oversees new hires. Monitors and evaluates skill training and orientation of all nursing personnel.
- Completes evaluations on new orientees.
- Supervises Charge Nurses and STNAs and provides input on performance evaluations.
- Conducts corrective action with restorative aides when necessary in conjunction with the Director of Nursing and Human Resources.
- Ensures all facility functions are operating smoothly and appropriately during supervisor tour of duty: nursing, food service, security, phone communications, family and physician communications and emergency procedures (when applicable).
- Interacts with staff to coordinate and ensure provision of quality care.
- Offers nursing judgment to nursing staff and assesses resident’s condition as needed.
- Works as a Charge Nurse on unit as needed.
- Completes audits of various nursing records as assigned.
- Makes rounds on units during shift.
- Receives report from each unit.
- Interacts with families/visitors to resolve concerns and complaints.
- Make rounds with physicians in the absence of RN Nurse Manager if Charge Nurse is not free to round with Supervisor.
- Starts, maintains and monitors IV’s.
- Provides supplies from Central Supply as needed.
- Completes supervisor worksheet and daily census sheet at end of shift.
- Takes report-off calls from employees in nursing department.
- Responsible for assisting staffing schedules and developing work assignments that reflect the expertise and skills of the employees to provide quality resident care.
- Participates monthly in the Nurse Management Meeting.
- Supervisor oversees and assists monthly in changeover documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Supervisors works with the housekeeping supervisor as a liaison between nursing and housekeeping.
- Supervisors work with the Lead Clinical Coordinator for Infection Control monitoring.
OTHER JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Performs other related duties as needed.
- Always be polite and speak appropriately to residents, family members, visitors, and other employees.
- Required to attend/complete and in-services as well as any departmental meetings and to contribute solutions and ideas for the betterment of the department.
- The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job.
- The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
- Subject to frequent interruptions by telephone and personnel cause distractions that require concentration and sometimes results in frustration.
- Should make independent decisions based on Nursing Department guidelines.
- Scheduled accordingly to meet operational demands which include working variable hours, weekends and holidays.
- May be called to respond to emergencies and/or disaster situations.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:36
Department:Progressive Care Unit (PCU) - West Park
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN