Registrar West Heart Institute for Mercy Health, $3,000 sign on bonusRequisition R092269 Market Cincinnati, Ohio Department Administration - Mercy Health Physicians Cincinnati, LLC Shift Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
As a faith-based and patient-focused organization, Mercy Health exists to enhance the health and well-being of all people in mind, body and spirit through exceptional patient care. Success in this goal requires a culture of compassion, collaboration, excellence and respect. Mercy Health seeks people that are committed to our values of compassion, human dignity, integrity, service and stewardship to create an environment where associates want to work and help communities thrive.
Complete an online application. Complete the task to take the application assessment. Upon completion of your assessment, you may be sent an email with a link and instructions to complete the HireVue video interview. Click
to opt in to receive the link for the video interview via text message and speed up the interview process. Message and data rates may apply.
The Patient Registrar is the first line of quality service to our patients and the community. Additionally, the Patient Access Representative will be responsible for processing patient registration, verifying demographics, obtaining insurance cards, and patient identification. Responsibilities include scheduling appointments, transcribing orders, explaining financial options to patients, and updating medical records accurately and efficiently.
- Provides strong communication and excellent customer service skills by greeting patients and the community in a respectful manner
- Process admission paperwork and basic insurance verification, ensuring accurate patient identity for hospital billing systems
- Ability to answer internal and external calls in a friendly and helpful manner
- Must possess the ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems promptly
- Ensures patient flow is maintained and informs Supervisor of any department and patient issues immediately
- Coordinates and prioritizes bed placement needs to ensure prompt and appropriate placement of patients
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Degree or GED
- Prior experience in patient registration/healthcare preferred but not required
- Knowledge of medical terminology and ICD-9 coding is preferred but not required
Skills & Abilities:
- Possesses problem-solving skills, basic computer skills, 40 WPM typing skills with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Engage with staff and patients in a professional manner
- Basic math skills
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Administration - Mercy Health Physicians Cincinnati, LLC
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse