Security Officer - Rookwood - The Jewish HospitalRequisition R027040 Market Cincinnati, OH Department Security - Jewish Shift Days/Afternoons Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
EDUCATION, SPECIALIZED AND/OR TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:**
High School Diploma, GED, or current enrollment in a Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement program with continued progress towards completion. State Private Police or IAHSS certification preferred.
The following training is required within the first year of employment, along with an annual refresher; Hazardous Material Awareness & Operations Level training
Non Violence Crisis Intervention training
Hands on Fire Extinguisher training
Additional Safety or Security related training as regulatory status or JCAHO standards change.
Previous Hospital Security experiences preferred.
- Physical Requirements- Must be able to walk or stand for long periods of time. Job involves climbing of stairs, and occasional running. Must be able to lift at least 60 pounds, and physically able to deal with combative persons, if needed. Must be able to operate a motor vehicle, snowplow, and a two-way radio.
- Mental Requirements- Must be able to write reports in a clear concise manner. Must be able to learn and pass required safety education training as required. Must be diplomatic in handling crisis situations.
- Working Conditions- Can involve stressful confrontations with patients or visitors. Security Services are provided on all shifts. May be needed to help outdoors in times of inclement weather. Must be customer relation oriented, observe an extreme sense of confidentiality.
Every other weekend, holiday rotation
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:16
Department:Security - Jewish
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN