State Tested Nurse Aide (STNA) - Progressive Care - Mercy Health - Mercy West Park Senior LivingRequisition R041534 Market Cincinnati, OH Department Progressive Care Unit (PCU) - West Park Shift Nights Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
*** Sign on Bonus Eligible for Qualified Applicants***
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities performed. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned by the supervisor. The job description is subject to continual revisions as needed for resident care. Due to the services and care provided by this institution, personnel may be requested to serve in related capacities as determined by their qualifications in a different unit, department, and campus, in an effort to not disrupt resident care and continue to provide a safe environment to our residents.
A summary of the specific skills, knowledge and behaviors of this position are: Provide direct care to residents in need of assistance or total care and activities of daily living. Through written and verbal communication, essential information is shared with health care team members. Completes duties as assigned by the RN or designated health care professional (HCP) in accordance with federal, state and local regulations and within the policies, procedures, guidelines and departmental specific addendum of the SHHS Division.
Education - High School graduate or equivalent.
Experience - Previous LTC experience preferred.
License/Certification - State applicable Nurse Aide certification required.
Skills - Strong written and communications skills. Will need to understand and use computers to enter ADL's and to complete required CBL's to maintain certification. Should possess strong critical thinking skills.
Risk Category - Cat I - Exposure to blood/body fluids/tissue.
Working Conditions - Working beyond normal working hours, on weekends, and holidays, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary. Working throughout the facility moving around intermittently throughout the shift. Frequent interruptions.
Physical Demands - Occasional pushing, pulling, sitting, climbing, stooping, kneeling, lifting under 50 lbs. Frequent walking, talking, reaching. Constant standing, using hands, hearing, and seeing.
Personal Protective Equipment Requirements - As required in the MSDS Safety Manual.
JOB SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Incorporates the Core Values and Success Factors that support the Mission and Vision of Catholic Health Partners.
- Contributes to the database of residents/clients under direction of an RN/LPN. Documents residents/client’s data according to policy.
- Communicates effectively in a timely manner with care team members regarding residents'/clients' and unit area needs. Contributes to the development and/or revision of the Plan of Care. Demonstrates understanding of age-specific behavior, motor skills and physiological norms and modifies approaches accordingly.
- Provides direct resident/client care under the supervision of the RN or designated HCP. Performs procedures as defined by unit/area specific standards. Demonstrates ability to organize, prioritize, and adapt to changing needs of residents/clients and unit/department/facility. Provides a safe and supportive environment for all residents/clients by demonstrating an understanding of: resident rights, confidentiality, abuse and appropriate interventions, Advance Directives, Emergency procedures, fire drills, evacuation procedures. Reports changes in resident condition to RN/LPN. Promotes effective interpersonal relationship among team members, residents, families, and others.
- Contributes to the evaluation of the residents' response to nursing interventions through observation and communication.
- Attends and participates in department meetings per policy. Attends required programs. Demonstrates self-development which includes at least 12 hours educational units/year. Actively participates in performance improvement. Maintains Heartsaver certification.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:36
Department:Progressive Care Unit (PCU) - West Park
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN