Surgical Tech- Anderson HospitalRequisition R076541 Market Cincinnati, OH Department Outpatient Surgery Center - Anderson Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
**$5000 Sign on bonus or
$5000 relocation bonus**
As a faith-based and patient-focused organization, Mercy Health exists to enhance the health and well-being of all people in mind, body and spirit through exceptional patient care. Success in this goal requires a culture of compassion, collaboration, excellence and respect. Mercy Health seeks people that are committed to our values of compassion, human dignity, integrity, service and stewardship to create an environment where associates want to work and help communities thrive.
Summary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Facilitates the operative or other invasive procedure by preparing and providing the required sterile instruments, supplies and equipment. Maintains the sterile field and anticipates and responds to the needs of the surgical team.
- Provides complete case preparation and has knowledge of special instruments, supplies, and equipment needs to the pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.Demonstrates knowledge of patients rights and responsibilities according to the patients age and understanding.Demonstrates understanding of patients Advance Directives.
- Functions as the scrub person during operative and other invasive procedures by:assembling supplies and equipment required for the procedure.Preparing and organizing sterile supplies and instrument for the procedure.Performing surgical counts with the circulating RN according to policy.Assisting with placement of sterile drapes.Provides instruments and supplies to the surgical team during the procedure. Maintains an organized sterile field and ensures the sterility of the field by taking corrective action as needed.Maintains aseptic technique.Retrieves and collects specimens and labels those specimens appropriately and correctly.
- Cleans and prepares instruments for processing and transport them to the decontamination area. Holding room.Assists with post procedure cleaning of the operative or invasive procedure room and preparation of room subsequent patients.
- Displays and promotes teamwork.Demonstrates flexibility regarding unit/area staffing and scheduling needs.Maintains personal grooming and attire consistent with policy.Pursues professional development and personal development.Participates in ongoing educational and competency verification activities.
- Promotes cost containment efforts and performance improvement initiatives.Participates in financial accountability by utilizing resources in a cost conscious manner.Participates in all patient safety care measures.
Preferred:Certified Surgical Tech (CST)
Required Minimum Education: 2 year associates degree
• Minimum of one year perioperative experience, can include military training for surgical technologists and/or operating room technicians
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Outpatient Surgery Center - Anderson
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse