Surgical Technologist/Scrub RN The Jewish Hospital Mercy Health
At Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses mean the world to us.
“Being able to positively impact peoples' lives every single day. Great culture and friendly people at the home office in Bond Hill. New building/technology and wonderful cafeteria staff and food.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours Mercy Health?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
Surgical Technologist/Scrub RN The Jewish Hospital Mercy HealthRequisition R100155 Market Cincinnati, Ohio Department Inpatient Surgery - Jewish Shift Afternoons/Evenings Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Facilitates the operative or other invasive procedure by preparing and providing the required sterile instruments, supplies and equipment.Maintains the sterile field and anticipates and responds to the needs of the surgical team.
- Provides complete case preparation and has knowledge of special instruments, supplies, and equipment needs to the pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.Demonstrates knowledge of patients rights and responsibilities according to the patients age and understanding.Demonstrates understanding of patients Advance Directives.
- Functions as the scrub person during operative and other invasive procedures by:assembling supplies and equipment required for the procedure.Preparing and organizing sterile supplies and instrument for the procedure.Performing surgical counts with the circulating RN according to policy.Assisting with placement of sterile drapes.Provides instruments and supplies to the surgical team during the procedure. Maintains an organized sterile field and ensures the sterility of the field by taking corrective action as needed.Maintains aseptic technique.Retrieves and collects specimens and labels those specimens appropriately and correctly.
- Cleans and prepares instruments for processing and transport them to the decontamination area. Holding room.Assists with post procedure cleaning of the operative or invasive procedure room and preparation of room subsequent patients.
- Displays and promotes teamwork.Demonstrates flexibility regarding unit/area staffing and scheduling needs.Maintains personal grooming and attire consistent with policy.Pursues professional development and personal development.Participates in ongoing educational and competency verification activities.
- Promotes cost containment efforts and performance improvement initiatives.Participates in financial accountability by utilizing resources in a cost conscious manner.Participates in all patient safety care measures.
Required Minimum Education: 2yr/Associate Degree
Preferred Education: 2yr/Associate Degree
Specialty/Major: Ohio: Graduate of an accredited surgical technology training program or equivalent experience
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS (must be non-expired/active unless otherwise stated):
Preferred:Certified Surgical Tech (CST)
Minimum Years and Type of Experience:One year perioperative experience preferred.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:Basic computer skills (Microsoft Word,)
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:36
Department:Inpatient Surgery - Jewish
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You will have days where you are the sole reason that someone is alive. You won’t find that in any other career.Michael W. Registered Nurse
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- Director Pharmacy - Mercy Health Clermont Hospital Batavia, Ohio
- MRI Technologist PRN Mercy Health Lorain Lorain, Ohio
- MRI Technologist Mercy Health Lorain Lorain, Ohio