Unit Secretary Monitor Technician - Mercy Health Anderson HospitalRequisition R044910 Market Cincinnati, OH Department Central Monitoring Unit - Anderson Shift Nights Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
The Unit Secretary is responsible for coordinating communications, performing unit receptionist activities, and accountable for routine clerical activities in the a nursing unit. The Unit Secretary often times fulfills the role of the interaction visitors and patients have to the nursing unit. The interaction between the Unit Secretary and other members is key to ensuring a safe, patient centered work environment. Answers phone calls and questions from patients/clients, visitors, volunteers, medical staff, and co-workers. Provides assistance, guidance and direction to visitors, patients/famililes, employees and other departments as necessary.
- Constantly observes and accurately interprets cardiac monitors. Systematically scans and interprets screens. Identifies and reports changes in baseline rhythm patterns. Differentiates life threatening changes from “slow evolving” changes. Appropriately notifies/pages charge nurse or designate of witnessed changes. Documents changes for review RN (i.e., saves, times, strips). Sets and checks alarm system. Maintains ongoing documentation of monitor pattern during procedures/Code Blue as requested/necessary. Keeps an updated record of patients’ rhythms Gives report to relief watcher.
- Handles incoming and external telephone calls. Coordinates communication between physicians, shift lead, staff and ancillary departments. Provides friendly assistance to patient's family and visitors. Communicates in a constructive and positive manner. Collaborates intra- and interdepartmentally to meet patient's needs. Handles patient information in a confidential manner. Demonstrates effective communication with patients and families by listening, providing support and making referral to appropriate sources of help, if needed. Demonstrates ability to work effectively with others. Responds to conflict effectively in an open, constructive manner. Effectively utilizes channels of communication according to organization structure. Assists in orienting new personnel. Identifies own learning needs and collaborates with manager in planning to meet them.
- Enters and retrieves patient information in data entry systems. Maintains accurate statistics. Assists in performance improvement activities such as data collection and reporting and chart retrieval. Maintains and processes completed patient charts.
- Orders department supplies. Attends Department Meetings. Performs other duties that assist in the smooth performance of the department.
EDUCATION, SPECIALIZED AND/OR TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
· High School Graduate or GED required.
· Ability to successfully complete monitor course GCOI
· Computer experience preferred
· Ability to operate equipment on unit’s orientation checklist
· Recent health care experience preferred
Hours: Part-Time, 24 hours weekly
Shift: Nights 7pm-7am
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:24
Department:Central Monitoring Unit - Anderson
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky; Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN