Nursing Adjunct Faculty - Registered Nurse - RN - Southside College of Health Sciences
Colonial Heights, Virginia
At Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses mean the world to us.
“Being able to positively impact peoples' lives every single day. Great culture and friendly people at the home office in Bond Hill. New building/technology and wonderful cafeteria staff and food.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours Mercy Health?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
Nursing Adjunct Faculty - Registered Nurse - RN - Southside College of Health SciencesRequisition R124436 Market Colonial Heights, Virginia Shift Days/Afternoons Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
THANK YOU FOR CONSIDERING A CAREER AT SOUTHSIDE COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES!!
I. Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Adjunct faculty are used primarily to provide the opportunity to offer multiple sections of courses and/or to offer courses that are outside the area of expertise of the fulltime faculty. Responsibilities are focused upon provision of excellent teaching within the nursing curriculum.
II. Employment Qualifications
1.Bachelor and Master’s degrees in nursing. Doctoral degree in nursing or related field preferred.
2. Two years of clinical experience as a registered nurse.
3. Two years of teaching experience at the collegiate level preferred. Current license to practice as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of VA (for clinical instruction only).
4. Current license to practice as a registered nurse within the U.S. for didactic and/or online faculty.
5. Proficiency in basic computer skills to include Word, instructional technology, and clinical practice.
6. Current CPR certification (for clinical instruction only).
7. Certification in area of clinical expertise or as a nurse educator preferred.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
Many of our opportunities reward* your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- Employer contributions to retirement savings plan when eligible
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
*Benefits offerings vary according to employment status
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You will have days where you are the sole reason that someone is alive. You won’t find that in any other career.Michael W. Registered Nurse
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- RN Registered Nurse | Acute Rehab Unit | Springfield Regional Medical Center Springfield, Ohio
- RN-Registered Nursing-Nursing Flex Team-System Paducah, Kentucky
- Registered Nurse Portsmouth, Virginia