Behavioral Health TechnicianRequisition R089607 Market Emporia, Virginia Department Psych DPU - Virginia RMC - Emporia Shift Afternoons/Evenings Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Provides direct patient care individually & in group settings. Promotes & maintains a positive patient-staff milieu. Assists in maintaining medical records, monitoring patient interactions & safety. Provides clerical support, assists in patient data collection & performing procedures under direction of an RN utilizing knowledge of verbal & non-verbal communication skills to provide targeted therapeutic interventions with patients.
EDUCATION:Bachelor’s Degree desired. High School diploma required. In general, 1 yr. equivalent work experience in psychiatric/addictive disease treatment facility preferred. Must have BLS
EXPERIENCE: 1 year Medical/Surgical unit experience preferred. 1-year experience in a Behavioral Health Care Unit preferred. Proficient oral & written communication skills. The successful candidate will be required to pass competencies for this position.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Communication skills; ability to build rapport with patients; positive attitude & commitment to treat patients with dignity & respect.
- Responsible for patient care in the Behavioral Health Department under the direction of the RN.
- Develops cooperative/therapeutic relationships with patients and/or significant others & projects a positive & cooperative image.
- Demonstrates maturity & accountability for job performance.
- Supports the philosophy, objectives & goals of the Department & assesses areas of personal & professional growth.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt to varied age-specific patient populations.
- Demonstrates effective time management skills.
- Ensures a clean, safe & functional working environment in the nursing unit.
- Supports & promotes the organization’s following programs: Risk Management; Infection Control & Safety.
- Supports & promotes excellence in customer/guest relations.
- Responsible for care of patients requiring emergent, urgent, non-urgent behavioral health care.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
Department:Psych DPU - Virginia RMC - Emporia
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse