Licensed Practical Nurse - ER - FT
At Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses mean the world to us.
“Being able to positively impact peoples' lives every single day. Great culture and friendly people at the home office in Bond Hill. New building/technology and wonderful cafeteria staff and food.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours Mercy Health?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
Licensed Practical Nurse - ER - FTRequisition R093956 Market Franklin, Virginia Department Emergency Services - Southampton - Franklin Shift All Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Sign on Bonus of $2,000 Available to Eligible Applicants
Essential Job Functions
- Functions within the nursing process and contributes to patient care based on Virginia Board of Nursing Practice Act. Contributes to the admission assessment by collecting selected clinical data, vital signs, weight and height; sets up patient room and orients patient. Follows goal-directed nursing care plan designed by the Registered Nurse. Observes, reports and documents patient's clinical status and changes in status to the Registered Nurse. Implements interventions within the LPN scope of practice, conducts and reinforces patient teaching/education and contributes to discharge plan and evaluation of results. Recognizes deterioration of patient condition collaborates with the Registered Nurse while responding with increased frequency of monitoring or seeks guidance regarding a transfer to higher level of care. Reinforces patient/family education and offers psycho-social/spiritual support. Contributes to the nursing care plan.
- Performs nursing care based on established clinical practice standards and the code of professional ethics appropriate for LPN role. Utilizes regulatory standards for patient care activities including Joint Commission, ODH, SHA, CMS, OBN and KBN. Demonstrates knowledge of hospital nursing standards and OBN or KBN regulations in delegating nursing activities to unlicensed employees. Reports critical values/results to the Registered Nurse for timely action, e.g. vital signs, pain, blood sugar, lab findings and EKG results. Complete 15-minute safety checks (Lima).
- Recognizes patients experiencing actual/potential life-threatening conditions and responds appropriately within the LPN scope of practice. Utilizes safe, approved medication administration practices, based on hospital and regulatory standards and certification. Encourages/provides opportunity for family presence and involvement at the bedside. Follows emergency protocols/procedures, based on LPN role and patient needs. Follows American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Professional Ethics.
- Demonstrates consideration for special needs, behaviors of specific age groups across the lifespan and individuals served when providing care. Provides information regarding procedures and equipment to patient and/or significant other.
- Participates in performance improvement activities to improve care delivery processes, nursing quality and patient safety. Demonstrates knowledge of role in emergency situations. Assumes responsibility for attending mandatory meetings, in-services, continuing education and participating in committees as opportunities occur.
- Supports and promotes hospitals' programs for infection control, patient safety and risk management. Implements treatments/medications safely, per physician order and hospital policy/procedure; observes and reports patient's response. Report adverse patient reaction and/or unusual occurrence to Registered Nurse immediately.
- Documents care provided in timely, accurate and complete manner, using appropriate form.
- Performs clerical and supportive duties to promote efficient unit operations.
- Meets Hospital continuing education requirements, assesses own knowledge, maintains professional growth/development, participates in seminars and workshops to improve knowledge and skills.
Current LPN License in the State of Virginia
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:12
Department:Emergency Services - Southampton - Franklin
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You will have days where you are the sole reason that someone is alive. You won’t find that in any other career.Michael W. Registered Nurse
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- RN Emergency Department WEO Youngstown, Ohio
- Health Care Associate (HCA) Med/Surg Mercy Health St. Joseph Warren Youngstown, Ohio
- Medical Lab Technologist/ Medical Lab Scientist- Laboratory- Springfield Regional Acute Care Springfield, Ohio