Manager of Behavioral ServicesRequisition R100610 Market Franklin, Virginia Department Med/Surg (unit/floor 1) - Southampton - Franklin Shift Days/Afternoons Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
The Program Manager will report directly to the Director of Behavioral Services. The Program Manager’s principal function is to manage the day to day operations of all clinical aspects of the Medically Monitored Inpatient Withdrawal Management Unit and Clinically Managed High Intensity Residential Services (Adult) program by directing, supervising and monitoring the work of clinical staff in the provision of substance use disorder treatment services and aftercare planning for assigned patients.
The Program Manager oversees individual and group therapy, treatment planning, case management, client advocacy, counseling and crisis intervention and provides, coordinates and ensures arranges for family therapy services for program participants as required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist the Director of Behavioral Services will task directly in support of the program as to include day to day clinical operation and ensuring the program meets all licensure requirements.
- Direct management of all clinical aspects of the program to include substance use disorder and co-occurring disorders, or dual disorders.
- Direct supervision of all counselors and peer recovery specialist.
- Collaborates with counselor(s) to determine continuum of care for program participants.
- Directs program counseling staff in the clinical day-to-day provision of withdrawal management and substance use disorder treatment.
- Directs program counseling staff in the clinical day-to-day provision of Clinically Managed High Intensity Residential Services and substance use disorder treatment.
- Oversees individual, family and group counseling
- Reviews and approves all clinical documentation (progress notes, treatment plans, and client coordination of continuum of care plan).
- Completes biopsychosocial within 24 hours of admission or ensure counseling staff completes.
- Completes Addiction and Recovery Treatment Services (ARTS) initial request within 24 hours of admission.
- Reviews and attests to any ARTS submitted by Certified Substance Abuse Counselors (CSAC).
- Completes Addiction and Recovery Treatment Services (ARTS) extension requests as needed.
- Reviews and attests to any ARTS submitted by CSAC’s.
- Supervises the assessment of all newly arrived patients; supervises clinical staff in scheduling all patients into treatment activities; assigns caseloads; and monitors and evaluates clinicians in the performance of their duties.
- Provides ongoing client assessment to identify changing needs pertaining to the individual and development strategy. Acts as the program’s liaison with families and offers recommendations for program development and improvement.
- Maintains established performance and conduct standards in accordance with organizational expectations. Ensures all utilization reviews (Medicaid and Medicare) are submitted in a timely manner.
- Be able to implement and use ASAM’s multidimensional assessment to summarize a person’s needs, define severity and develop a treatment plan.
- Be able to use the six dimensions to identify problems, goals and treatment plan objectives. During regular working hours be responsible for completing the preadmission screening and liaising with the Director of Behavioral Services, Nurse Manager and/or Medical doctors for admission approval. Be responsible for verifying all insurances eligibility before admission.
- Be available for rotational on call duties.
Preferred Education and Experience
- One to three years of experience in the delivery of substance use disorder treatment counseling.
- Three years of full-time experience supervising counseling staff in a substance use disorder program. Certified in Virginia to practice as a Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC).
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a master of arts or science degree, preferably in human service, or a related field.
- Licensed Professional Counselor or Resident in Counseling (must be at a minimum a “resident in counseling” under supervision of a licensed professional counselor”.
- It is highly recommended that residency is completed and he/she is eligible to take the exam)
- Qualified Mental Health Professional (Adult)-2 years experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Possesses clinical elements of substance use disorder treatment. Possesses knowledge of trauma, attachment, and relational models. Possesses knowledge of methods for appropriate clinical documentation in a treatment setting. Possesses knowledge of techniques for effective assessments and case management. Ability to write clear and concise reports and to interpret statistical data. Ability to analyze therapeutic processes and determine means of maintaining and/or increasing efficiencies. Ability to explain technical terminology to nonexperts.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Med/Surg (unit/floor 1) - Southampton - Franklin
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse