Registered Nurse (RN) - Long Term Care/Skilled Nursing - Southampton Medical Center
At Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses mean the world to us.
“Being able to positively impact peoples' lives every single day. Great culture and friendly people at the home office in Bond Hill. New building/technology and wonderful cafeteria staff and food.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours Mercy Health?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Long Term Care/Skilled Nursing - Southampton Medical CenterRequisition R092729 Market Franklin, Virginia Department Std Nursing Home Care - Southampton - Franklin Shift Days/Afternoons Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
- Evaluates, plans, implements, and documents nursing care for an assigned patient population.
- Assists physician during examinations and procedures.
- Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patient and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Performs a variety of tasks.
- Uses established principles of delegation and supervision to direct the activities of all licensed and non-licensed care givers and support staff in the delivery of resident care during their assigned shift.
- Uses independent judgment to ensure optimal delivery of resident care and appropriate use of available resources
- Requires a diploma or associate's degree
- Valid Registered Nurse License
- BLS certification
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Std Nursing Home Care - Southampton - Franklin
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You will have days where you are the sole reason that someone is alive. You won’t find that in any other career.Michael W. Registered Nurse
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- Registered Nurse (RN) Mom/Baby Unit (postpartum) St. Elizabeth Boardman Youngstown, Ohio
- Registered Ultrasonographer - Mercy Health - St. Vincent - PRN Toledo, Ohio
- Bon Secours St. Francis - 2021 Nurse Extern Program Greenville, South Carolina