Registered Nurse ( RN ) - Home Health
Greenville, South Carolina
At Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses mean the world to us.
“Being able to positively impact peoples' lives every single day. Great culture and friendly people at the home office in Bond Hill. New building/technology and wonderful cafeteria staff and food.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours Mercy Health?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
Registered Nurse ( RN ) - Home HealthRequisition R112257 Market Greenville, South Carolina Department HH Skilled Nursing - BSSF Home Care - HH Intermittent - Main Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
*UP TO $7,000 SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE BASED ON EXPERIENCE!
Bon Secours Home Health provides faith based home care services. Caring for the sick in their homes is deeply rooted in our tradition that was founded by the Sisters of Bon Secours. As part of an award winning, mission focused Health System, we offer stability and strength, scheduling flexibility and the unique opportunity to provide one-on-one care in the home setting, not a shift but a life style.
Great team, Great mentoring and support, Great benefits including the IRS mileage rate. Discover a career where you can be you!
The home health registered nurse will provide person centric nursing care to acutely ill, chronically ill, terminally ill, and well patients of all ages in their residences. The home health nurse will provide direct skilled patient care, observation, and educational instructions in the place of residence under the direction of the patient's certifying physician. Home health nursing focus is on health promotion and care of the sick while integrating environmental, psychosocial, economic, cultural, and personal health factors affecting an individual's and family's health status. The home health registered nurse will apply nursing practice to patients of all ages in the patient's residences, which may include private homes, assisted living, or personal care facilities. Home health nursing embraces primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention; assistance to family with coordination of community resources and health insurance benefits; and delivery of healthcare services in a patient's home, including non-conventional residences.The home health registered nurse plays a key role in the financial management of the patient's episode of care. This includes verification of patient insurance and the management of the HRRG reimbursement for traditional Medicare eligible home health customers.
A limited number of Bon Secours positions are subject to a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) check. Given the responsibilities of this role in the organization, this position is subject to a DMV check at time of application submission in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). Results will be considered as part of the selection process. If you do not want to be subject to a DMV check, we encourage you to apply for other openings with Bon Secours.
1. Current registered nurse licensure in good standing in state where services are performed.
2. BSN preferred from an accredited school of nursing.
3. Must have at least one year nursing experience, 3 years of experience preferred. Preferably in home care. Medical/Surgical, ER or ICU experience is a plus.
4. Ability to apply critical thinking to physical, psychosocial, environmental, mental, cultural, family, and safety.
5. Ability to utilize clinical decision-making in applying the nurses process to patients in their places of residence
.6. Ability to practice as an effective member of an interdisciplinary team.
7. Competency in applying care management skills.
8. Must be proficient in the use of technology and electronic patient documentation.
9. Current and valid driver's license with acceptable driving record, ability to provide own dependable transportation for home visits and proof of auto liability insurance.
10. Ability to management multiple skills and disease processes across the life span.
11. Good Driving record with the ability to drive in inclement weather and at night.
12. BLS certified.
13. OASIS certification is preferred but not requirement of the position
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
Many of our opportunities reward* your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- Employer contributions to retirement savings plan when eligible
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
*Benefits offerings vary according to employment status
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:HH Skilled Nursing - BSSF Home Care - HH Intermittent - Main
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You will have days where you are the sole reason that someone is alive. You won’t find that in any other career.Michael W. Registered Nurse
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- Patient Service Representative Richmond, Virginia
- Student Rad Tech Cincinnati, Ohio
- RN Registered Nurse | Acute Rehab Unit | Springfield Regional Medical Center Springfield, Ohio