Medical Assistant PRN - Specialty Clinic - Irvine KYRequisition R085394 Market Irvine, Kentucky Department Specialty Clinic - Marcum & Wallace Shift Days Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Summary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
The Medical Assistant is a multi-skilled clinical professional that provides indirect and/or direct patient care within the scope of practice and in alignment with the standards of excellence and quality. Under the direction of the provider, the Medical Assistant contributes to the completion of the patient’s chief complaint (including, but not limited, to respirations, blood pressure, pulse oximetry, height, weight, and temperature), documents patient/family needs, participates in planning and implementing care for patients, and administers ordered medications (oral, injection, topically, etc.) within the Medical Assisting scope and state guidelines.
Essential Job Functions
• Understands and adheres to the legal responsibilities and requirements within the Medical Assistant role.
• Identifies significant changes in patient condition through data collection and reports them to the provider.
• Troubleshoots issues and escalate problems to provider, direct supervisor, or appropriate internal resource.
• Demonstrates standards of excellence in care in all interactions, for both internal and external customers.
• Maintains clinical and administrative skills per the departmental competency guidelines to meet patient care and daily operational needs.
• Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
• Travels to other facilities for BSMH providers or adjusts hours to meet patient care needs as directed by the practice manager as needed.
• Maintains a safe and supportive environment by keeping the work area, exam rooms, and equipment in clean, orderly, and safe manner, ensuring availability and proper functioning of supplies and equipment.
• Assists patient and provider with virtual health visits which may include setting up the visit through appropriate platform, pre-charting the virtual visit prior to the scheduled appointment, contacting the patient to ensure preparedness for the virtual visit, troubleshooting virtual visit issues when needed, obtaining chief complaint and health maintenance checks, medication review, and other relevant patient details prior to the actual virtual visit.
• Documents in electronic medical records (EMR) accurately and appropriately.
• Manages in basket messages in the electronic health record (EHR) under the Provider’s verbatim instructions.
• Performs front desk workflows (i.e., My Chart requests, patient registration, scheduling, phone triage, cash handling, and check-in/check-out).
• Follows up on orders, appointments, referrals, and follow up visits and collects co-pays as needed.
• Other duties include, but not limited to, ordering supplies appropriately, tracking referrals, labs and diagnostic tests, disposing of contaminated supplies, etc.
This document is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Employees may be required to perform other job-related duties as required by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Medical Assisting certification (required within 14 months of placement in MA role): Certified Medical Assistant (American Association of Medical Assisting), Registered Medical Assistant (American Medical Technologists), Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (National Health career Association, or National Certified Medical Assistant (National Center for Competency Testing). If incumbent is unable to obtain MA certification, an Assessment-Based Recognition in Order Entry (ABR-OE) is acceptable within same time period.
BLS Basic Life Support (preferred upon hire, required within 90 days of hire)
High School/GED (required)
1 year of healthcare experience (preferred)
2 years of clerical physician practice experience (preferred)
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
Department:Specialty Clinic - Marcum & Wallace
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse