Patient Service Rep - Kilmarnock, VARequisition R079839 Market Kilmarnock, Virginia Department ADMN-Physician Management Shift Days Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Patient Services Representative – Richmond Cardiology Kilmarnock, VA
The Patient Services Representative will serve as the main point of contact for all patients and the community. This position will receive and process patient referral, patient registration, verifying demographics, obtaining insurance cards and identification, and updating medical records accurately and efficiently. In addition, the Patient Services Representative responsibilities will include scheduling appointments, transcribing orders, explaining financial options to patients, and updating medical records accurately and efficiently.
- Provides strong communication and excellent customer service skills by greeting patients and the community in a respectful manner
- Process admission paperwork and basic insurance verification, ensuring accurate patient identity for hospital billing systems
- Ability to answer internal and external calls in a friendly and helpful manner
- Must possess the ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems promptly
- Ensures patient flow is maintained and informs Supervisor of any department and patient issues immediately
- Coordinates and prioritizes bed placement needs to ensure prompt and appropriate placement of patients
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Degree or GED
- Prior experience in the healthcare field or a related area is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred but not required
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office, Cadence, and Connect care preferred but not required
Skills & Abilities:
- Possesses problem-solving skills, basic computer skills, 40 WPM typing skills with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Engage with staff and patients in a professional manner
- Basic math skills
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse