RN - Registered Nurse - Behavioral Health
At Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses mean the world to us.
“Being able to positively impact peoples' lives every single day. Great culture and friendly people at the home office in Bond Hill. New building/technology and wonderful cafeteria staff and food.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours Mercy Health?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
RN - Registered Nurse - Behavioral HealthRequisition R128906 Market Kilmarnock, Virginia Department Adult Behavioral Health Unit - Rappahannock Shift Evenings/Nights Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Registered Nurse (RN) – Behavioral Health – Rappahannock General Hospital
$10,000 Sign On Bonus Eligible - Rules and Restrictions apply
About Bon Secours
As a faith-based and patient-focused organization, Bon Secours exists to enhance the health and well-being of all people in mind, body and spirit through exceptional patient care. Success in this goal requires a culture of compassion, collaboration, excellence and respect. Bon Secours seeks people that are committed to our values of compassion, human dignity, integrity, service and stewardship to create an environment where associates want to work and help communities thrive.
About The Hospital
Rappahannock General Hospital is a 25 bed not-for-profit Critical Access Hospital (CAH) that provides acute inpatient services located in Lancaster County. The Hospital provides 24-hour emergency care, as well as diagnostic and treatment services on an outpatient basis.
About the Unit
The Bridges Unit is dedicated to the care of the patients with acute psychiatric disorders. The Bridges Unit has a 10-bed capacity, and careful consideration for admission involves consideration of the milieu, as the rooms are entirely semi-private. The Structured Outpatient Department is located ¼ mile from the main campus.
The Bridges Program consists of a Nurse Manager an inpatient clinical coordinator (RN), a Social Worker and Mental Health Technicians. In the outpatient arena, there are also two therapists, clerical staff and a coordinator.
The Psychiatric Registered Nurse (RN) position is responsible for delivering exceptional nursing care to patients by:
- Utilizing strong organizational and leadership skills to assess patient status
- Implementing clinical nursing interventions
- Having a highly diverse medical skillset
- Developing and performing patient care plans to enhance and improve outcomes
- Ensuring a safe and therapeutic environment
- Provide direct patient care according to the provider’s prescribed plan of care (and nursing scope of practice) while closely monitoring progress/recovery
- Assess and documents the patient’s conditions and report changes as needed
- Administer medication, insulin, and IV/fluids, documenting thoroughly
- Inspect and care for wounds, changing dressings and assisting with personal hygiene
- Applies effective interviewing skills to elicit information from patient and/or family/significant other that is necessary to plan and implement the treatment plan
- Assess patient for further injuries, infections, bedsores, etc. and deliver appropriate treatments
- Collaborate with providers, aides, and allied health professionals to ensure exceptional patient outcomes
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited Associates degree or Bachelors degree in Nursing
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) – American Heart Association
- PALS Pediatric Advanced Life Support (required for Pediatric BH Units)
- One (1) year of professional experience practicing as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Recent Behavioral Health experience (preferred, not required)
- EPIC Electronic Health Record training (preferred, not required)
- De-Escalation Training (preferred, not required)
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
Many of our opportunities reward* your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- Employer contributions to retirement savings plan when eligible
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
*Benefits offerings vary according to employment status
Scheduled Weekly Hours:36
Department:Adult Behavioral Health Unit - Rappahannock
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You will have days where you are the sole reason that someone is alive. You won’t find that in any other career.Michael W. Registered Nurse
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- Environmental Services Team Lead- St. Francis Medical Center- Full Time Midlothian, Virginia
- LPN Float Pool Richmond, Virginia
- Registered Nurse RN Clinical li PRN - St Mary's Hospital - Richmond Richmond, Virginia