Academic Research Coordinator - Graduate Medical Education - St. Rita's Medical Center - Full TimeRequisition R059545 Market Lima, OH Department Graduate Med Education - St. Rita's Shift All Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
The Academic Research Coordinator (ARC) will perform duties associated with designing, coordinating, implementing, and balancing multiple research studies and projects for the Graduate Medical Education (GME) program.The ARC is accountable to deliver established goals, employ their knowledge, skills, and abilities in their area of expertise while utilizing good judgement to maintain expected quality standards.The ARC will collaborate with the GME Administration, GME Program Directors (PD), Associate Program Directors (APD), Program Coordinators (PC), Residents and Institutional Review Board (IRB) to support and provide guidance on the compliance, financial, personnel, and other related aspects of clinical studies.
- Guide researchers through the IRB process, ethics board, and regulatory paperwork to ensure institutional regulatory requirement compliance.
- Assists in the research protocol development for the recruitment, instruction, coordination, and relationship building of study subjects and/or volunteers, provide guidance and instruction to develop and meet the goals of the study.
- Collaborates with Simulation Director, DIO, and DGME to prepare a categorized budget and justification. Confirms accuracy and completeness of budgeted costs.
- Plans and coordinates regular IRB reviews/reports and scholarly activity and research update meetings.
- Monitors, develops, and maintains records and progress of research activities and prepares periodic or ad hoc reports as required by investigators, administrators, funding agencies, and/or regulatory bodies.
- Attends investigator meetings as required or requested by the GME leadership.
- Supervises and coordinates the provision of support services to investigators and researchers.
- Plans and coordinates the initiation of research study protocol, and the establishment of operating policies and procedures.
- Identifies and reports issues that may affect the accuracy and quality of study design and implementation to meet study goals.
- Guide researcher with abstracts and data collections from research study and assist in designing forms/database to comply with study protocols.
- Aids in establishing eligibility protocols using specific inclusion and exclusion criteria
- Grant/Award acceptance; reviews and develops a familiarity with the contract or award terms and conditions. Works with GME leadership to assure that the study follows all terms and conditions, including but not limited to education, IRB approval, conflict of interest disclosure, health and safety protections, and financial terms or conditions.
Bachelor's Degree Required
Master's Degree Preferred
Clinical research experience, familiarity with community-based principles, familiarity with Lean principles.Employee may not at any time have been or be excluded from participation in any federally funded program, including Medicare and Medicaid.This is a condition of employment.Employee must immediately notify their manager if they are threatened with exclusion or becomes excluded from any federally funded program.
Project management experience preferred
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Graduate Med Education - St. Rita's
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse