Chaplain Intern - Spiritual Care - St. Rita's Medical Center - Full TimeRequisition R094822 Market Lima, Ohio Department Pastoral Care - St. Rita's Shift Days/Afternoons Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
This is a 22-week paid internship opportunity in health care chaplaincy. The Chaplain Intern would report to the
Mercy Health Lima Director of Mission. This internship would serve as an introduction to health care chaplaincy
for an individual discerning a career in chaplaincy. The internship experience would include one unit of Clinical
Pastoral Education (CPE) and ministry within the Spiritual Care and Mission departments.
Essential Job Functions
- Rounding throughout our inpatient treatment areas completing screening for spiritual distress and contributing to the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Offer spiritual and emotional support to those in your care using active listening and being a calm, non-anxious presence.
- Document the care provided in the patient's medical record.
- Demonstrate the ability to minister to diverse populations.
- Provide for the religious and sacramental needs of patients, families, and staff.
- Complete one unit of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) during the internship.
Target population for candidates would be someone enrolled in a M.A. (Theology, Religious Studies, Lay Ministry Program) or M.Div. program or a new graduate.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Pastoral Care - St. Rita's
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse