Medical Lab Scientist/Medical Lab Technician - New Vision Laboratory - Mercy Health - Full TimeRequisition R093056 Market Lima, Ohio Department Core Laboratory - New Vision Medical Lab, LLC - For Profit - JV - New Vision Profit Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Microbiology; day shift; variable weekends and holidays
$10,000 sign on bonus!
Summary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Medical Laboratory Scientists (sometimes referred to as clinical laboratory scientists, or medical technologists) are responsible for performing all aspects of testing on patient samples in an attempt to detect the absence or presence of a number of diseases. These medical professionals may examine a host of different types of samples, including various body fluids, feces, cells and tissues. Upon conclusion of the testing, the Medical Laboratory Scientist will report back to the ordering physician and consult with him or her about the results.
Essential Job Functions
• Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures; interprets and analyzes results.
• Identifies and corrects problems within the scope of training and education.
• Operates, maintains, troubleshoots, and validates lab equipment.
• Performs, records, and evaluates Quality Control.
• Assists Lead, Supervisor, or Manager with inventory, schedules, and safety.
• Conducts competency assessments.
• May be responsible for developing and evaluating new methods of testing, depending on their experience and position.
- Bachelors, Clinical Laboratory Science/Medical Laboratory Science/Biomedical Science/Biology/Biochemistry through a Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) approved program (required)
- MLS Medical Lab Scientist Certification or eligible by a nationally recognized certification agency (preferably ASCP) (required)
- Externship program completed (required)
*Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur
*May be exposed to physical altercations and verbal abuse
May be required to use physical restraints
May be exposed to adverse weather conditions; cold, hot, dust, wind, etc.
*May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights
*May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids
*May be exposed to human blood and other potentially infectious materials
*May have periods of constant interruptions
General office environment
Required to car travel to off-site locations, occasionally in adverse weather conditions
Long-distance or air travel as needed- not to exceed 10% travel
*Prolonged periods of working alone
*Other: Intermittent exposure to fumes and odors
Lifting/Carrying (0-50 lbs.) 1-33%
Lifting/Carrying (50-100 lbs.) 1-33%
Push/Pull (0-50 lbs.) 1-33%
Push/Pull (50-100 lbs.) 1-33%
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Core Laboratory - New Vision Medical Lab, LLC - For Profit - JV - New Vision Profit
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse