I.R. Technologist Part-Time 20hrsRequisition R089465 Market Lorain, Ohio Department Special Procedures - Lorain - Interventional Radiology Shift Days/Afternoons Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
- Utilizes sterile or aseptic technique to scrub in and perform vascular, interventional and surgical procedures per protocol.
- Establishes effective working relationships and utilizes a team approach to process improvement.
- Performs duties in instances where normal, routine practice cannot be applied, often in high stress situations.
- Educates patients regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure understanding and cooperation.
- Ensures patients safety and comfort during and after exams.
- Sets-up or operates injector to administer contrast agents for procedures.
- Manually injects contrast agent if no pressure injector is utilized.
- Operates ancillary equipment adherent to specific procedures.
- Checks and prepares patient prior to Vascular-Interventional study.
- Screens patients for ability to undergo procedure by understanding baseline lab requirements.
- Demonstrates understanding of primary purpose of drugs used in IR, indications, contraindications, contrast drug interactions and major effects.
- Positions patient to obtain radiographic exposure, adjusts exposure factors and processes images.
- Adapts imaging and therapeutic procedures with professional judgment to improve diagnostic quality and therapeutic outcome.
- Acquires, archives, transmits and prints images via PACS.
- Completes after hours transmission of images and appropriate paperwork.
- Immediately reports malfunctions to help desk and PACS Administrator.
- Processes billing via RIS.
- Records and maintains procedural data to include injection data, elapsed fluoroscopic time and procedural information.
- Provides after hours standby call in service.
- Monitors equipment, systems, cleans equipment and effects timely repair.
- Teaches and instructs students and new hires.
- Learns new technical information and skills through attendance of periodic in-service programs and participation in professional affiliation sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Graduate of an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology.
Must be a Registered Technologist credentialed by The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists R.T.(R) (ARRT), in good standing.
Certification in Cardiovascular-Interventional Radiography: R.T.(R)(CV)(ARRT) or Vascular-Interventional Radiology: R.T.(R)(VI)(ARRT) preferred.
Current state licensure (RL) required prior to employment.
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Complexity of Work:
Knowledge of radiologic physics and computerized vascular equipment, so as to safely inject and image human vascular anatomy.
Thorough knowledge of vascular anatomy and pathology sufficient to apply to interventional and diagnostic exams.
Must be knowledgeable of sterile technique with ability to create and maintain sterile environment.
Ability to function well with minimal to no supervision, especially during after hours call-in emergency service.
Minimum one year experience as radiologic technologist preferred.
Preference given to previous experience in high volume angiography department.
Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
Must be able to lift or assist with lifting patients of varying weight and manipulate equipment daily.
Personal Protective Equipment:
Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:20
Department:Special Procedures - Lorain - Interventional Radiology
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse