Medical Assistant - Palliative Care - Mercy Health LorainRequisition R046442 Market Lorain, OH Department Palliative Care - Lorain Shift Days Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Performs clinical and clerical duties according to specific office needs. Plans and organizes patient care records, supplies, schedules, referrals, and communicates pertinent information to health team members and other departments. Promotes a positive and helpful climate for good interpersonal and interdepartmental relationships. Functioning member of the care delivery team. The Medical Assistant provides patient care under the direction of the NP/MD. Documents clinical observations, within the clinical record (paper or EMR). Cleans and restocks the unit. Acts as a messenger when needed.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be familiar with medical practice and care including knowledge of examinations, diagnostic and treatment room procedures; medical equipment and instruments, common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Ability to efficiently use a computer (Windows environment), fax machine, photocopier, calculator, and digital camera. Clinically able to take vital signs; clean wounds, measure wounds, and document clinical observations.
- Follows I-Care standards contributing to a positive work environment and patient experience.
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic mathematical computations at a level normally acquired through completion of a high school education is necessary; successful completion of a medical terminology course work in medical assisting is preferred; basic typing skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information; maintain quality control standards; react calmly and effectively in emergency situations; interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures. Clearly communicate in written form and verbally with patients, clerical, administrative staff and the public effectively.
Certificate from accredited Medical Assistants program preferred or equivalent experience with approximately one to two years previous medical assistant experience is desirable.
Must possess good organization skills and self-motivated and able to react quickly to a changing work environment.
Obtains and maintains biannual CPR certification.
Frequent mobility, standing, sitting, walking required for extended periods of time. Some bending, stooping and reaching. Requires occasional lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity to operate computer keyboard, typewriter, calculator, copy machine, fax machine, and other office equipment. Requires corrected vision to be able to read numbers, policies and procedures, and computer monitor screens. Requires hearing within normal range for telephone use with patient and public contact. It is necessary to work in an environment, which can be stressful.
Work is performed in a normal clinic environment with exposure to noise, dust, and temperature. Office environment requires both desk and counter work. Involves contact with employees, administration, patients and the public. May have frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a clinical environment.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:24
Department:Palliative Care - Lorain
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN