Medical Lab Technician II PRN Mercy Health LorainRequisition R085813 Market Lorain, OH Department Core Laboratory - Lorain Shift All Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Summary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Medical Lab Technicians (MLTII) assist physicians and other specialists by performing all aspects of testing on blood, tissue, and other bodily fluids, the results of which can then be used to diagnose and treat patients. Confirms test results and provides the physician with data necessary to make appropriate determinations.
Essential Job Functions
• Performs routine, moderate, and highly complex laboratory diagnostic tests.
• Confirms test results and provides the physician with data necessary to determine the presence, extent, cause, and treatment of disease.
• Follows quality control programs, assuring the accuracy and reliability of test results.
• Performs, records, and evaluates Quality Control.
• Monitors, maintains, and troubleshoots laboratory instruments and equipment.
• Assist with training of new employees and students in the use of lab equipment and testing procedures.
• Performs computer function on both Lab Information Systems (LIS) and Hospital Information Systems (HIS).
• Participates in continuing education in respective areas of expertise.
• May perform additional assignments not directly related to the job description.
• Assists with inventory control.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
Department:Core Laboratory - Lorain
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse